Ch.12

Okay, so I was way too excited to just post one chapter today so I'm gonna post ch.12 too! I'd like to give Taytayblackwidow667 a little shoutout, since she was the first person to comment on my story and I really appreciated that. So without further ado, here it is.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Wind.

Cold.

Darkness.

"It's all your fault! This all your fault! Every bit of this girl's life has been screwed up because of you! All she wanted was a week off, that's it! Fix this, or so help me I will..."

Shivering.

Movement.

Warmth.

"Oh my- what happened? She looks bad, what happened? Fury, what did you do to her? She doesn't deserve something like this."

Pain.

Noise.

Relief.

"She's going to be ok. Her breathing just now leveled out to normal. Her vital signs, all normal. I think she's awake too. Skylar, can you hear me?"

I was numb, in pain, and lost. I forced my eyes open as fast as possible. I scanned the room.

"Where is he? Where is he!? Tony? Where am I? Am I in New York? Banner, that's you right?" I ran out of breath, and questions. Bruce slowly turned around, to check one of the monitors.

I began to worry. The heart machine began to beep faster, and faster.

"Bruce? Bruce! What's wrong? What's wrong with me!?" I yelled. He turned to face me. He looked solemn, and upset. He shook his head and began to leave.

"Bruce! Help me!" I screamed. Tears flew from my eyes. I reached out towards him, but something grabbed my hand. Squeezed my hand. I jammed my eyes closed, as the heart monitor stopped.

"Skylar, Sky listen to me. You're ok. I'm here, don't worry. Calm down." I heard. The words sounded distant, but kinda close at the same time. I slowly opened my eyes. Banner was next to my bed, holding my hand. Clint was sitting on the other side of the lab. The others were no where to be seen.

'Where are they?' I thought. Clint spoke up.

"Well, we got word of a possible incoming from Asgard, so everyone but us two are out waiting. So, we'll be watching you, or helping you. Either way you want to look at it." I smiled at him. Slowly, I swung my feet over the side of the bed. I turned to Bruce.

"Where's Nick? I have a few things that I'd like to say to him." I angrily stated. He stifled a laugh, and then sighed.

"He went out with the others. He'll be back soon though. Now, I think it's time that we address what's been going on." He stared at me through his glasses. "While you were out, your blood pressure was spiking in abnormal patterns, and your breathing, it was identical to Steve's. Do you think that happened because of the test you did with him?" He queried.

"Yes, I do think that. I'm not sure why I'm hallucinating though. When Tony and I were in New York, I thought that he was strangling me. The same thing just happened with you, because I thought that you were going to let me die here. Any ideas about that?" I asked. He tapped the monitor with his fingers, then sat down by Clint. He whispered something to him. I almost read his mind, but I kept the words between them. Bruce cleared his throat and turned back towards me.

"I'm not exactly sure, the only way for us to see is for you to have another hallucination. We could induce one with medicine, but your body's been traumatized enough in the past three days."

"Three days? I was out for three whole days!" I exclaimed. "So how else am I going to hallucinate?"

"We figured that you could walk around the air ship, see if anything here triggers an attack." Clint said.

"Oh, ok. So how will you be able to monitor me if I'm not in the lab? Are you going to stalk me or something?" I laughed. Clint had his poker face going at this point.

"Well," he handed me an ear piece,"you could say that." He smirked. I groaned and slid off of the table. 'Starting now.' I thought and I exited the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Tell me what you guys think, I get so happy when I get a comment from my readers.

Thanks for reading!