Ch.20

My heart was pounding against my ribcage with tense vigor. There was a tidal wave of emotion wafting through the room as we all soaked in that information. I didn't dare meet Loki's gaze. I could only hear the soft thrum of blood rushing in my ears as Fury whispered or yelled, I couldn't tell.

"That's a lie." I bit out harshly. Both men looked at me with hungry stares. I sucked in a deep breath and chanced a look at Loki. He was glaring at me in a curious manner. I wasn't sure I liked it.

"Why do you say that?" Fury stated more calmly. I shot him an agitated look.

"Well for starters, my mother told me my dad was a dead-beat that she met at a bar. He is from another world, so I really don't think that he would come to our world and decide to hit up a Montana pub for a vacation. And secondly why would you even think that?" But I already knew the answer.

"Are either of you going to say for how long you've known this?" He negated my question. I sneered at him and opened my mouth when Loki spoke out.

"Believe it or not, I knew nothing of her existence, nor does this information intrigue me to know her." He muttered, looking as bored as ever. This comment stung for some reason. I couldn't explain why though. This guy was pure evil, I should be elated that he didn't want to be around me. But I wasn't.

"You won't probably like the next order I am about to give then. Since we can't yet know if she is lying, you both will be quarantined down here until further notice." Fury stated.

Quarantine. That is not a word that I wanted to hear. A scene danced behind my wide-open eyes. The doctors swarmed me, drawing out bone marrow from my wings and sticking needles into my already bruised arms. The sterile atmosphere was making my eyes water as all of the surgical masked faces closed in. The two head doctors stood in the corner of my intensely bright room, whispering behind a clipboard. I strained my ears and my mind to see if I could hear the quiet words. The only thing I saw was 'Quarantine level 9'.

"Meals will be delivered at eight, twelve, and five. I hope that you both will cooperate when we come to ask for answers." Nick droned before turning swiftly on his heel and storming out, leaving me with a psychopath. My psychotic father, to be more exact.

Without taking my eyes off of Loki, I stood and backed out of the small room. He made no notion of pursuit. I hurried to the elevator pod and glared at the door. I raised my fists and began to knock on the sealed doors. I yelled out and beat on the doors in a desperate attempt to call the lift down to me.

Suddenly, the door warped instantaneously into an archway with Loki standing under it. He didn't look the same as he did now, he was clad in a regal Asgardian suit of armor. A helmet was perched under his arm casually as he stared me down. I tried to form words as I quickly stumbled backwards. The world to my right and left had morphed too. To my left, a large weeping willow stood, its branches swaying in a slight breeze that didn't quite reach me. My feet crunched on bright green grass and a bright blue sky stretched overhead.

"Would you please stop that annoying caterwauling? I'm sure you think it'll help yo escape, but it won't." Loki smarted. I was still admiring the mirage in front of me, so I only managed a quick glare in his general direction. I had a look of awe draped over me. I turned around and studying all of the colors that gleamed like I was actually in this dreamlike world. I saw a broken pillar to my right and I reached a steady hand out to touch it when I realized that I would go through it. This was all Loki. He was toying with me.

Angrily, I kicked through the pillar and the mirage disappeared, replaced with the bland walls of the holding cell. A harsh laugh rang down the hall and I grimaced. He wanted to make me upset like earlier so I'd blow up. He wanted to see my powers again I had decided. For what reason I had no explanation.