Ch. 18

"Why is he here?" I croaked. My voice had been swept away when I saw him. His bright green eyes pierced my heart with a deep hurt, that could never be mended. I felt a searing sense of wickedness that had been caused by disownment and slander. I had to look away from him when he walked past, I was becoming to overwhelmed by his emotions.

And then it hit me.

He was the one that I was going to interrogate. Loki, the half-brother of Thor. A world-renowned killer, and not to mention a fantastic liar.

"Excuse me for a moment." I uttered and quickly pushed away from the group of people behind me. I felt sick. I wanted to be off the carrier now. I wanted to scream in anxiety. Was it really worth it to see my brother? Of course it was. Or was it? What would Loki do to me? He had magic, and I had powers that I had gotten from a lab. I'm technically a freak accident. He was born royalty. This was unfair on so many levels.

I stormed into the heart of the carrier and wove down the hallways. They were all illuminated with the same bright, irritating light. I wanted to rip all of those people to shreds; minus Clint and Bruce. They hadn't known about Loki. Or had they?

Tears were falling even before I even realized that they were. I ran my shaking fingers through my hair as I ran down the hall.

'Hello, my dear. It seems we will be spending a fair amount of time together... I'm very much looking forward to it.' A voice sniggered. I careened into the wall as I lost my bearings. How he had spoken inside my head was quite a mystery to me, and I wasn't prepared for it at all. My nose was stinging from the impact as the intercom crackled off a mock warrant for me. I was needed in the holding bay ASAP with no exceptions. Audibly growling, I shuffled as slowly as possible to the prison.

My sneakers were making a slight smacking noise as I dragged my feet down the hall. My heart was crawling up my esophagus and was making me want to hurl. I made sure that no tears were going to surface as I made it to the elevator. My trembling fingers tapped the bottom deck button as the elevator carried me down to my eminent demise.

The door slid open to reveal the brig. I was inside it. I was in the heart of the cell. The single cell that encased level 6. It was covered with normal things like chairs and tables, but everything was white. It was a bit obnoxious, in my opinion but the design of the cell wasn't up to me. Neither was the decision for me to interrogate Loki though, so I shouldn't have expect much.

"Miss Mason, he's in here." Spoke a guard.

"Will anyone be down here? Any surveillance?" I asked hopefully.

"No. Fury knows that he won't say anything if there were cameras around." He answered and walked out. My face went blank as I peered around a corner to see if he was there. He was.

"Ah, yes. Please come and join me." He feigned a smile. My hands started to shake as I took a few tentative steps through the door. His attire was was obviously Asgardian, with his hair looking a little longer than I expected. His piercing green eyes were studying over me as I did the same to him. I nervously jumped back when he rose to his feet. The smug grin on his face widened as he saw my demeanor falter.

He took a few more steps towards me and I rooted myself to the ground. I tried to keep a steady glare with him, but a sadistic sneer came over him and I felt every last bit of heat drain from my body.

"Why so scared? Do you think that I would hurt you? What would I gain from that?" He lowered his voice. My eyes were glued to the floor.

"So you're just going to stand there, not saying anything? Oh yes, this was a brilliant waste of my time!" He yelled at at the ceiling, fists clenched. A whimper escaped my lips as he stalked back towards the stiff bed he had been sitting on.