Ch.14

"Oh, my gosh. How?" I asked as the biggest grin ever spread across my face. The person stepped into view. My smile was beginning to drop as my eyes met his. He looked different than I remembered, but it didn't matter.

"Dallas." I whispered. My knees went weak, but I still ran to him. I hugged him tight and nuzzled my head into his chest. I pulled back and just stared at him, drinking in his features. I stroked his hair, and slowly let his body move away from mine.

His eyes went straight to my back and I laughed. He looked me up and down. I did the same to him. He was a little taller than me, had curly hair like my mom and I, except his was light brown. His eyes were the same dark brown that they had always been. My eyes were bright green, almost totally opposite from his.

"I have to tell you something. I'm sorry. For what I said that day. For everything. I didn't realize how great you were until you were gone. I thought that you were dead, until yesterday, when Nick came and told me that you were alive. I didn't believe him until he let me see a picture of you with Tony Stark. I was flown here with him immediately, and I'm just so sorry." He sniffled. I grabbed him into another hug and kissed his cheek. He smiled.

"Apology accepted. So did Shield do any-"

"You can catch up later, and Skylar, you are to tell no one about him being here until I tell you that you can. Besides, you will have your hands full with your interrogation. You will give no information on the subject, correct?" Fury interrupted. I nodded.

He called something into a walkie-talkie and the intercom screeched again. It told the crew to return to their posts. We were quickly ushered out of the control room, and down the hall, and into my room. Nick opened the door, to reveal that a bunk bed had even been set up. I squealed, and Dallas laughed and put his arm around my shoulder.

"And why is your wing broke?" Fury inquired after he closed the door.

"Why do you even have wings?" Dallas asked from behind me. I sighed and began to speak in their heads.

'Well Nick, I fell from the rafters, and I snapped it, and Dallas, Shield experimented on me. That's why I can talk in your head.' I smiled. His jaw dropped. He made a confused squeak and slumped onto the chair at the back of the room. Nick and I both smiled.

"Bruce can patch me up. Can he come with me? Please? I will only tell him that my brother is still alive, ok? I won't ever tell anyone else unless you say so. Just let me tell him. I've showed him my past. It won't-"

"Fine, lets just go now before I change my mind. I'll have to talk to him about it before you go in." He cut me off, again. I grinned and pulled Dallas from his seat. Fury led us secret-agent-style to the lab, so that no one would see us. Once we reached the lab, I paused.

"Wait, Clint is in there with him. Get him out, only Bruce will know." I stated. Fury nodded, and walked inside, while Dallas and I were pushed into a storage closet across the hall. I listened as Clint quickly walked down the corridor. Fury opened the door, and we both staggered out. He led us into Banner's lab.

"Dr. Banner, Skylar has made a decision to only let you know that this," he pointed to Dallas, "is her thought to be dead brother." Bruce just chuckled. And gave me a kind stare, until he noticed my wing. Then he gave me a disappointed look. He stepped past me for the moment though, and shook my brothers hand.

"It's very nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you. She loves you a lot, and don't ever forget it." He smiled. I told him telepathically that he had apologized earlier, and Bruce relaxed a little.

He gestured me to the table, and I laid belly down on it. He didn't say a word as he pulled the broken bone back into place. I sucked in a quick breath that made Dallas jump. I gave him a quick thumbs up, to let him know that I was ok.

"Now, go ahead and let it heal. By that I mean don't unfurl them for a couple days, ok? I'll let you go, it seems that you two have some catching up to do." Bruce smiled. I nodded and pulled in my wings. He helped me off the table, and I walked towards the door. I said a silent thanks to Dr. Banner and we headed back to my-our room.

As soon as the door shut, I locked it and jumped onto the bottom bunk, next to Dallas. He smiled, but it faded quickly. He sat up, and so did I.

"So now you can explain all of this to me, right?" He asked. I nodded, not wanting to go into detail about my abilities. I cleared my throat and began.

🌐

"And once I woke up, everyone had already left, except Clint and Bruce. I was out for three days, and then you showed up. I thought that I might have still been dreaming." I wrapped up my story. Dallas had listened, and watched as I retold and showed him my memories. "Your turn." I urged. He looked down at his hands and then slowly lifted his head.

"No, to answer your earlier question. You weren't the only one who got experimented on. My little powers aren't as glorious as yours, but I still have some." He said quietly. 'Can you show me?' I asked. "If you show me what else you can do first." He smirked. I unfolded my legs and hopped out of the bed. He slowly got to his feet. He looked pretty tired.

"Ok, here we go." I muttered. I slowly entered his consciousness. His face lit up when I first touched his mind. I calmed him down, and then pushed into his nervous system. Slowly, I used his body. First I moved the right hand, then the left. His brain had a mini panic attack when I tried to make him walk. I released him, and fell onto the bed, gasping for air.

He looked up at me, and warily gave me a thumbs up. He dipped his head, and whispered something inaudible.

"I can't stay for very long sis. Fury told me that this was just a ploy to get you to pretty much do his dirty work. Also, I have to get back to training. I'm a pretty busy boy." He laughed. Inwardly, I wanted to lock him in the room and never let him out, but after figuring that his friend was more like his girlfriend I decided to keep my opinion to myself. I just nodded.

"So when are you leaving?" I asked slowly.

"Tomorrow morning. Fury didn't want me here while you were working on your assignment. I promise that I'll see you soon though. Ok?" He sat on the bed beside me and patted my back. I had the urge to ask him a sensitive question, for me anyways. This could set off a brain attack at any moment.

"Did you ever meet Phil Coulson?" I questioned him. He gave me a confused look.

"Well yeah, he was the last person I talked to before Fury flew me here. Why do you ask?" He stated. I felt my cheeks glow bright red as my brain crashed. I swayed on the bed. Dallas tried to steady me, and slowly I answered him.

"No reason really."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yay! Ok I'm very excited because I'm becoming more motivated to write this story!

So what do you think of Dallas? What's up with him?

Also, what if I did a little insert chapter with AOS? Would this be a yes or no?

Thanks for reading!