Chapter 13

Keith's POV

I know it's possible I'll die here. But La-my lion. The red lion. He's worth it. He makes me happy and he takes care of me. Yeah. That's it. I want to do the same for him. I want the opportunity to make him happy and take care of him. It's my job as his friend. As somebody that...cares about him a lot. Maybe loves him. Him being the lion, of course.

I landed the blue lion on a moon nearby the planet Lance is trapped on. My plan is to connect with the red lion and destroy whatever is in it's path. I'll take out the guards near where Lance is being held and use the red lion to bring him back to this moon. Back to me. From there, Lance and I will hurry back to the castle and get the others help in destroying Sendak's base to free the citizens of the planet. I know it's a long shot and it requires a lot of mental focus, but I'm sure I can handle it. 

"Alright, Red. You gotta work with me." I murmured, closing my eyes.

I felt a shift and realized I could see through the red lion's eyes. He's being kept in a large room filled with guards. Seems like where they keep most of their fighter ships. I roar the lion to life and begin destroying the ships and guards with the red lions fire power.

I blast holes in the walls of the war base and fly out into the sky. I soar over the area and locate the prison chamber. I shoot a hole in the roof and spot Lance. I see his excited gaze land on the red lion and a gorgeous smile shoot across his face. 

Then things go bad.

Lance's POV

The red lion! Keith must've connected with it the same way I connected with Blue! I let a huge grin spread across my face then holler out in agony at a burning pain in my stomach. I look down and notice a dark red soaking up my armor. Blood...I've been shot.

I fall to the ground and try not to let my eyes fall shut. Everything goes black.

Pidge's POV

Keith and Lance have me tearing my hair out from stress. I can't tell the team about their situation without their approval, I made a promise. BUT, their safety means a lot to me and I want to help them stay alive. 

I know Shiro and Allura would be really upset if I let anything happen to Keith, Lance, or their lions. So I have to do what's best for them. I have to tell the rest of the team the truth.

"G-guys? I have to confess something. And it's gonna sound crazy, but based on all the crap we've been through out here in space...well, it's not that insane. Almost a week ago, when Lance and Keith went on that supply run, they came back as different people. In different bodies. They switched, like Freaky Friday. And before you ask what we can do to get them back, I've already done the research. They have to pull it off on their own. BUT. They're in danger. And we have to save them..." I started, explaining the entire situation and elaborating on my research.

"Team. Go get your lions. It's time to rescue the space gays." Coran stated, standing up with his hands on his hips.

"Coran, your fly is down." I said, killing his heroic mood.