Cole | Hank (Part 2)

"I wasn't in the right mind when I... ughm... ya know.. did that? I really didn't want this to happen.. I wanted Cole to come back too. I want to to happen so much. I also wanted you to come back. Fuck. I still love you!" He confesses.

"Hank, it's not that easy... my husband just died! My little girl got shot in the arm and my android went deviant! Just because I'm vulnerable right now, it doesn't mean I'll accept you in my life easily." You argued half heartedly. He looks down and looks back up, giving you eye contact and a sad smile.

"I guess I shouldn't argue then.." he turns and leaves to Connors direction.
You shake your head and head to a hotel with (D/N) to rent a room for the night.

Weeks later

You needed to get a job since your boss fired you for not coming to work for weeks. You decided to go work at the DPD. You leave your little girl to the daycare, grab a cup of coffee and went to your first day at work.

Once you arrived, you immediately went to Mr Fowler's office.

"Hello, sir. I'm (Full Name), I'm new here, so I was wondering if I could have a few directions, pointers perhaps?" You requested.

"Oh, nice to meet you, Miss (L/N). Good to see we have a mature new worker here. Well right now, I'd have you paired up with Mr. Reed but you deserve better partners in a communicable way. So I'm pairing you up with Connor and Lieutenant Anderson " He smiles a tiny bit and you politely shared it back with a slightly bigger one as you nod and leave.

You went to your desk and slammed your head softly on the table. Why Hank? I have no problem with Connor, he seems like a good child-kid-android? But why Haaaaaank?

"Excuse me, ma'am but are you Miss. (L/N)?" You look up from your desk to see Connor. Your gaze softened and you nod.

"Call me (Y/N)." He nods and hesitantly says your name.

"Hello.... (Y/N)." He puts emphasis on your name.

"Hello, Connor." You look around the room. "Where's Hank?" You questioned. He looked around the room before looking back at you.

"Perhaps he'd be in a bar?" Connor says unsure.

"But it's work hours!" You complained.

"He always does that, don't worry Miss Williams." He assured you.

Time Skip

Connor told you to stay in the DPD station for a while so you decided to take the time to decorate your desk. You put pictures of your husband, you and your daughter, (D/N). You put a picture of (D/N) as a baby in a higher shelf. You places a couple of books in some of the shelves and some pens, paper, pencils and markers to go with it.

Being a perfectionist, you completely hated when things are/were messy. You would end up fixing it even if it weren't yours out of annoyance.

After a while of waiting, Connor dialed you.

C= Connor.  R= Reader
C: Hello, (Y/N)
R: Hi Connor, what's up?
C: Apparently, Lieutenant Anderson's ceiling.
R: oh god, nevermind, Connor...
C: I am in need of some assistance, presently, Lieutenant Anderson isn't anywhere near sober.
R: *sigh* aight, I'm coming, hang on, Connor. Send me the address.

Just as you said, Connor sent you the address and hung up. You checked your things and headed straight to the destination. Once you arrived, in the bathroom was Hank, in the bathtub, complaining like an angry wet cat. You snickered in the back of the room for a while until Connor noticed you.

"Oh, (Y/N)! I didn't see you ther-"

"Shut the fuck up, tin can! (Y/N)s mine!"  You huffed and growled.

"For your information, Hank! I belong to no one!" You argued.

"Yeah, sweet cheeks! No one but me!" Hank teased. You growled and left the room.

"I'll get him some damn water!" You stomped away, into the kitchen. The house was a mess. Though it did bring memories.

You looked by the living room, you remembered Cole and Hank with you, on the couch, Cole asking about how the two of you met and got together. You looked back into the kitchen, remembering Cole helping you bake Hank's birthday cake. You looked into Cole's old room, you remembered when he was 2, when both you and Hank taught him how to walk.

You absent minded my cried, just softly cried. The salty tears gracefully falling from your eyes, your cheeks, your jaw and drilling down to your neck.

You regained your composure, wiping your tears. You fixed yourself up and went back downstairs to get Hank some water. Once you finished the easy task, you walked upstairs, into the kitchen and gave Connor Hank's glass of water.

"Drink this, Lieutenant." Connor said, handing the glass of water to the angry wet man in the tub.

"NO! You plastic prick!" Hank argued like a little child.

"Lieutenant. Anderson. You have to sober up. We have cases to solve with (Y/N)." Connor argued back.

"NO!" Hanks still argued. You sighed and took the glass of water from Connor and walked to Hank.

"Hank, please cooperate. I won't be able to benefit if you don't cooperate, not only you get affected. Now please, Hank?" You tried convincing him. He nods with his eyes closed. Hank took the glass of water and downed it all at once, he acted much more sober.

"Connor, what's (Y/N) fucking doing here?" Hank asked. You snickered and spoke before Connor could.

"Apparently, I'm not doing anyone right now. Now get sober and let's go, we have cases to solve." You laughed and walked downstairs. He came down looking like a homeless person.

"Okay, priorities first, let's give you a makeover, the police might think your homeless." You pushed him into the room you two once shared. You looked around and chuckled. "Hasn't changed a bit, since I left. You looked at the bedside counter and saw your old ring. You sat on the side of the bed and held it. Caressing the engravings. It was gold and silver with swirls. The inside part said '(Y/N) and Hank 4 Ever'. You smiled sadly and looked at Hank.

"Hank. You really need to shave or have a haircut, you're not Samson. C'mere." You called out to Hank. He shook his head and ran to the corner of the room, shaking his head desperately.

"No. No. No. No. No. No. No. I am not fucking shaving or cutting my hair." He argued , desperately. He used to be that kind of man that scares his friends and strangers using his tough and scary attitude but when it came to you, he acted like a little puppy who didn't want to take a bath or something, it still seems like he is.

Eventually, you cut Hank's hair and shaved him of his beard. You dyed his hair dark brown and literally threw everything in his closet and brought him out shopping, you both came home and it was already 11:47 PM. You smiled and waved away as Hank both cussed and complimented you at the same time.

When you came home, all you know is that he looks so much damn better, he looks better than a homeless dude or a hobo now.