Trucked Out

Double update! Woo-hoo!

“I hope you two know that this isn’t a good idea.” I told Adam and Leo as Adam prepared to drive Davenport’s golf cart. I was sitting by the cyber desk.

“How is this not a good idea?” Leo retorted. “Adam needs to practice for his driving test, and using Big D’s hydrogen powered golf cart is perfect for practicing.”

“Just don’t come to me when Davenport finds out and grounds you.” I said.

He rolled his eyes. “Alright, Adam. First step: Seatbelts.”

Adam took a deep breath. “Okay, focus.” He quickly put on his seatbelt. “Yes! Zero to buckle in under five seconds.” He hi-fived Leo.

The elevator doors on the other side of the lab, and out came Chase, a black case in his hand. “Oh, look, a dummy driving a dummy.” He laughed.

Adam looked down at the steering wheel. “Ooh! What does this button do?” He pressed it.

“No!” Leo yelled as the car started speeding forward, right in the direction of Chase. He started screaming as Leo yelled, “Brake!”

I heard the screech of the brakes, followed by more of Chase’s screaming. The dummy that was in the seat next to Adam flew out of the golf cart and landed right on Chase, forcing him to fall right on his back.

Adam started laughing. “I wish all the buttons did that.”

I walked over to Chase and picked up the dummy, setting it to the side. “Are you okay?” I asked, a giggle escaping my mouth.

He propped himself up on his elbows. “Are you seriously laughing at me right now?”

I nodded, a smile on my face and kissed his cheek. “I’m sorry, it was funny.”

He rolled his eyes as I helped him up, but there was a small smile gracing his lips.

Xxx

Later on in the day, we were all waiting in the living room waiting for Davenport and Adam to return. I was sitting next to Chase on the couch, my head rested on his chest.

Leo continued to look out the window. “I can’t believe Adam’s not back from his driving test. What’s taking him so long?”

Bree looked up from her magazine. “Two words: Adam. Test.”

“Man, if he passes, its good news for us and bad news for anyone on the road.” Chase said, then chuckled. “Or the sidewalk.”

“Even though you two have no faith in Adam, I do.” I spoke up. Bree and Chase looked at me. “What?”

“You think Adam’s gonna pass?” Chase asked. I nodded. “And since I don’t, want to make a bet?”

“Alex, don’t do it.” Bree said. “You’re gonna lose.”

I ignored Bree and looked right into my boyfriend’s eyes. “You’re on. What’s the bet?”

“Loser gives the winner twenty bucks?” He suggested.

“You’re on.” We shook hands. What? If we kissed, then Leo and Bree would just make gagging noises and complain.

“I hope he passed.” Leo said. “I need him to drive me to that party on Saturday.”

“What party?” Chase asked.

Leo laughed. “The one you weren’t invited to.”

“You got invited to Caroline Davis’ party and I didn’t?” Bree asked, shocked. Even I was shocked.