The Haunting of Mission Creek High

“Hey, where’s Leo?” I asked my friends when I noticed that he wasn’t around.

“Beats me.” Bree said. I shrugged and leaned my back against the lockers, my right hand intertwined with Chase’s.

We were all in school, obviously, and we were barely halfway through the day. I just wanted to go home.

Suddenly, a sudden noise from the gym was heard and Leo’s head popped out from behind the doors. “Hey, guys. Have you ever had that nightmare where you’re standing in the middle of the school in nothing but your birthday suit? Well, it’s happening to me!”

Leo walked out in nothing but a towel, and all I could think about was his seventh birthday. Yeah, let’s just say he ended up naked with cake all over his face. And other areas.

“Someone stole my clothes while I was in the shower.” He told us.

Well, when I lose something, I find it helps to ask yourself ‘where’s the last place you saw it?’”

Leo gave him a look. “On my body.”

“And you definitely checked there?” He questioned.

“That is so mean.” Bree said. “Who would do that to you?”

Bree’s question was answered when Trent walked out wearing all of Leo’s clothes. “Trent, you took my clothes?” Leo asked.

“Well, yeah.” Trent answered like it was normal to do something like that. “How else am I supposed to play Attack of the Giant Trent? Fe Fi Foe Fum! I smell the blood of a wimpy one!” He was stomping around, acting like a giant before getting all up in Leo’s face. “Get it? It’s you.”

Trent then started posing with his muscles, but since Leo wore tiny clothes to fit his tiny body, all his clothes ripped. “Oh! Tear in aisle two! Looks like your mommy’s going to have to buy you clothes at the Not Big and Not Tall store.” He laughed and hi-fived one of his loser friends with Leo’s shoe.

“Why does Trent always pick on me more than anyone else?” Leo asked.

“Well, I outsmart him.” Chase began. “I’ve studied his schedule and routine to ensure we’re never alone together. I even know when he’s going to take a-“ He stopped and looked at his watch as Trent shouted that it was time for his bathroom back. “Right on time.”

“Son, you need a hobby.” Bree told him before walking over to her locker.

I looked at him. “Yeah, it really disturbs me that you know his bathroom schedule.”

“Oh, come on! It’s not that weird.” Chase defended.

“Yes it is.” Adam, Bree, Leo, and I said in unison. I chuckled and pecked his cheek before walking over to Bree.

“So, are you and Chase going to the dance?” She asked me.

I shrugged. “Probably. I’m just glad Dean transferred schools.” I slightly shuddered at the memory of Dean touching my ass. He was such a pig.

She chuckled and nodded in agreement. “Do you think Chase is going to ask you?”

“I don’t know.” I said. “If we decided just to go without him actually asking me, then I’m fine with that.” She nodded. “But enough about me. I heard that you’re decorating the gym for the dance.”

She smiled widely. “Yeah! I’m so excited! I have so many ideas!”

“I’m happy for you.” I told her, giving her a quick hug.

Suddenly, Leo started shrieking and when I looked in the direction I heard his girlish shriek, Trent was there, Leo’s towel in his hand. “Camera phones on, people. We’ve got a runner!” He started waving the towel around.