Avalanche!

I smiled as the lab doors opened and walked in Adam, Bree, and Chase. Davenport climbed down the ladder he was on and walked over to his kids. "Mission accomplished." Bree said, a smile on her face.

"Great job, guys." Davenport congratulated. "You saved that island from the biggest tropical storm in decades."

"And lucky for you, I brought home a whole bag of hair fruit." Adam said and dumped a bag full of coconuts on the lab table. Did he not know those were coconuts?

"Yeah, just be happy that I made him put the pelican back." Bree said.

"Pelican?" I laughed, walking over to Chase who draped and arm over my shoulders.

"Don't ask." She smiled, waving me off.

"Guys, that mission was the finest use of bionics to date." Davenport complimented. "I think we can all agree that strength plus speed equals success."

I frowned, realizing that he skipped Chase. Chase noticed this too. "Uh, uh, excuse me." He walked closer to Davenport, releasing me from his hold. Boo. "Let's not forget the mastermind behind this whole thing."

"Oh," Adam said. "Right. Let's give it up for our fearless leader. Mr. Davenport!" Adam and Bree hi-fived Davenport while Chase stood back, flabbergasted.

"What? No. I was talking about me." Chase complained. "I supervised the whole mission."

"Yeah, but I think we all know who did the heavy lifting." Adam lifted up two coconuts. "Look, I'll give you a hint. Starts with an 'A', ends with an 'M'. There's a bid 'da' in the middle. Okay, you guys, it's me." He bit into one of the coconuts and I just stared at him. Living with the Davenports for like, two years has still not made me used to Adam's strange ways.

"Please," My boyfriend scoffed. "The real work happens up here." He pointed to his temple.

"Chase, no offense, but your bionic brain is no match for our hustle-"

"And muscle." Adam finished for Bree, flexing his muscles.

Davenport turned to them. "Oh, that is a great name. Hustle, muscle, and..." He pointed to Chase but came up blank when thinking of a nickname. "Don't worry, we'll find you an 'ustle'."

Chase groaned, frustrated. "I am so tired of these two getting all of the attention because they have super speed and super strength. I never get any of the credit."

"That is not true, Chase." Davenport told him "They just have a lot of flash. But you're the glue that holds that flash together. You're..." He paused. "Flash glue."

"I'm flash glue?" Chase asked, obviously not liking the nickname.

"Hey, I think I figured it out." Adam spoke up before smashing the coconut against his forehead. It opened up and he smiled. "You're right, Chase. The real work does happen up here." I rolled my eyes at Adam.

Adam, and Bree left to go change, and Davenport followed them so he could clean their suits or something, but Chase stayed behind. He had a frown on his face, his fists were clenched, and he was leaning over the lab table, his head down.

I wrapped my arms around his waist from behind and rested my forehead on his back. "I know it's a stupid question, but are you okay?"

I heard him sigh before turning around, his hands landing on my hips. "Do you think my bionics are useless?" He asked, ignoring my question.

I immediately shook my head. "Of course not, Chase. Your bionics are just as important as Adam and Bree's. Who cares what they think? And I just so happen to think that your bionics are the most important ones."