Twas the Mission Before Christmas

Even though I wrote that Chase and Alex have been together for over two years, let’s just say that this is their first Christmas together. It doesn’t make a lot of sense, but whatever.

Christmas. My favorite time of the year. Spending it with family made it even more enjoyable. After my mom died and it was just me and my dad, Christmas was no longer celebrated. No. Instead, he would beat me on that day. That’s why Christmas in the Davenport household was so special to me. It made me realize that I was a part of this amazing, yet crazy family. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

While Tasha and Donald were talking about the family card, I turned to Leo who was unpacking a bin full of decorations. “So, what did you get your mom for Christmas?”

He looked at me with wide eyes. “I was supposed to get her something?” My jaw dropped and he laughed. “Kidding! I was totally kidding! And you’ll find out tomorrow morning.”

“You suck.” I groaned.

“Who wants a Christmas cookie?” Adam asked, holding a tray full of cookies.

“Ooh! I do!” I exclaimed, running over to the oldest bionic. I grabbed a cookie, but realized it wasn’t cooked. I didn’t care.

“Adam, those aren’t even cooked.” Leo told him.

“Leo, cookie dough is amazing, so just eat them raw.” I told him, taking a bite out of the raw cookie. “Yummy!”

“Not a problem.” Adam said before using his heat vision to cook the cookies. Too bad he actually set them on fire. “Careful, they may be hot.” He quickly blew out the flames.

I chuckled and turned around as soon as I heard the front door open. Bree was the one who walked in. “Okay, who covered the entire house in blinking lights? People already think we’re weird, we don’t need to shine a light on it.”

“No, I did that.” Adam said. “I want to make sure Santa Claus comes to our house first.”

Bree rolled her eyes. “Adam, we all love Christmas, but I think you’re going a little overboard.”

Suddenly, there was a loud noise coming from outside, and the door swung open. Chase came hopping in, due to the fact that the Christmas lights were wrapped around him. I bit my tongue to keep myself from laughing.

Bree and Leo started laughing, while Adam just sighed. “That, however, is spot on.” Bree chuckled.

“Hey, get back up on the room.” Adam demanded. “You’re ruining my display.”

“You were lucky a raccoon chewed me free!” Chase snapped.

I slightly jumped when the mission alert sound went off. All the Davenports, excluding my boyfriend, took out their phones. “That’s an urgent mission alert. We have to get to the lab.” Davenport ordered. They all ran down to the lab while I stayed back to help out Chase.

“I have a feeling this is going to take a while.” I told him, eyeing the lights that were tightly wrapped around his body.

“Stupid Adam.” He grumbled.

Xxx

Once I got Chase untangled from the lights, which actually didn’t take a lot of time, we both ran down to the lab. “The alert is coming from Facility X, my research center in the frozen tundra.” Davenport explained.

“Hey, hey, I’m the mission specialist. I’ll handle this.” Leo said before turning to us. “The alert is coming from Facility X, his research center in the frozen tundra.”