2. Cutie In The Plaid

// Sam's POV

Sam opened the last box which was full of books and a few pictures.

He began lining up the books side by side on a shelf next to his bed.

He sighed and reached for a picture at the bottom of the box.

It was a picture of his family. Well his new family.
Dean, Castiel, Jo, Ellen, and Bobby.

After Sam and Dean's parents died, Bobby and Ellen adopted them. Jo was Ellen's daughter.

They now worked at a dinner and Dean worked with Bobby as mechanics.

Castiel was a famous artist.

Sam sighed and placed the picture on the shelf.

He unfolded the last box flat and piled them up by his bed.

He laid out flat on his bed and looked up at the ceiling.

"Hey Sammy, why so glum?" Lucifer asked sitting in a chair by Sam's bed.

Sam shook his head and looked over at Luci with a smile.

"Nope. Nothing. Just tired...and cold." Sam whispered.

"Well it is the middle of the fall. Come on, get your coat on...we're going out." Lucifer smiled widely, standing up and slipping on a jacket.

Sam looked at him questionably before standing up and putting his sweater on, following Lucifer out the door.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._

// Gabriel's POV

"Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuchino for Sophie!" Gabriel called out.

A young girl came up to the counter and took her drink.

"Thanks." She smiled.

"Anytime." Gabriel winked at her.

Gabriel Novak. Worker at Starbucks. And student at Stanford University. It was his second year.

He didn't have classes that day so he worked a double shift today at the coffee shop.

Gabriel walked back to the coffee maker and began putting in three pumps of white mocha sauce. Then he drizzled the top with carmel.

"One Burnt Marshmallow for Charlie!" Gabriel set the drink on the counter and waited for the customer.

A young girl with bright red hair walked up to him with a smile.

"Oh yum! Thanks!" She smiled at him.

Gabriel smirked at her and winked.
"Anytime sweet cheeks."

Charlie scoffed and put her hand on her hip.

"Sorry but you're not my type. Babe, come on." She called and her and another girl with brown hair walked out of the shop.

Gabriel smiled and shook his head.

"Young love." He smiled to himself.

He was just about to go back to the coffee machine for his next order when the bell on the door rang.

Gabriel looked towards the door, and in came in two dudes.

One shorter than the other.

He had never seen them near the campus before. Probably first years.

The shorter of the two sat down at a table and the taller one walked up to the counter.

Gabriel wasn't supposed to take the orders of costumers but this guy. Gabriel needed to know who he was.

As he began to order Gabriel pushed the cashier aside.

"Sorry Alfie, I've got this one. Oh and I'll make it too..." Gabriel smiled at his friend.

Alfie looked at him in confusion but shrugged and took the next costumers orders.

"Well well, hello there." Gabriel eyed the tall man up and down.

He laughed nervously and put his hands in his pockets.

"Um hi." He blushed.

"May I take your order sir?" Gabriel smiled.

The man smiled in return and looked at the menu.

"I'll have a Butterscotch Latte please." He smiled at Gabe.

"One Butterscotch Latte coming up! Who's name?" Gabriel smirked.

"Uh Sam. Thanks." Sam smirked down at Gabriel.

"Sam...sure...okay please take a seat and I'll call you when your drink is ready, Samwich." Gabriel winked.

Sam blushed a dark red and nodded once before walking away.

Damn he was hot.

Long shaggy hair.

He was tall.

But obviously younger than Gabriel.

Gabriel glanced back at Sam.

He had taken his coat off and was wearing a plaid shirt. He was talking with his friend.

Gabriel wondered if Sam was gay. No. He probably wasn't guys who looked like that were usually straight.

Gabriel was bi. He enjoyed flirting with girls but he liked guys more. It was confusing.

Gabriel began making Sam's coffee. He made sure everything was just right. Of course he did an extra ingredient of almost everything.

Once he finished he pulled out his sharpie marker and wondered if he should right Sam on it.

Gabriel smiled to himself and decided to put something else.

Once he finished with the name he wrote his number on the top. With a small heart of course.

He set it on the counter and looked over at Sam. He could walk it over to him. No.

Gabriel wanted to see Sam's face when he called out the name written on the cup.

"Butterscotch Latte for The Cutie In The Plaid!" Gabriel called out glancing at Sam with a smirk.

At first Sam ignored it and looked around. But when he saw no one else was in plaid and Gabriel was staring at him.

Sam's neck and cheeks were as red as Gabriel's favourite cherry lollipops.

Sam slowly stood up and walked over to the counter.

"Here you are Samwich." Gabriel winked at him.

Sam blushed a darker red and looked away.

"I thought I told you to put Sam...." He whispered.

Gabriel chuckled and patted Sam's soft hair.

"Did you? I could've sworn you said "cutie in the plaid shirt"" Gabriel whispered back.

Sam rolled his eyes and shook his head with a crooked smile.

"Whatever. Thanks for the coffee." Sam laughed and began to walk away.

"Gabriel." Gabe called out.

Sam turned back around.

"Huh?" He asked.

"They call me Gabriel." He winked.

Sam smiled and nodded before leaving with his friend.