11. The Halloween Masquerade Ball

*TODAY'S THE DAY OF THE BALL GUYS! ARE YOU EXCITED?! I AM ! WELL ENJOY!*

// Gabriel's POV

Today was the day. The day he could make it up to Sam. The ball was tonight. Only a few hours.

Alfie was going to take the night shift so Gabe could go.

He knew what Sam was wearing. Sam didn't know Gabriel was even going! He would surprise him.

"Tall Passionfruit Tea for Charlie!" He called out.

Charlie ran up and grabbed her drink.

"Okay Gabby! You read for the ball?!" She shrieked.

Gabriel laughed and nodded.

"Sure am! What are you dressing as?"

She giggled to herself and put a finger on her chin.

"Well first I though a porn star. You know for the girls. But then I thought it was a bit too showy so I'm going as Arwin from Lord Of The Rings, with red hair of course." She gushed.

Gabriel snorted and covered his face.

"A porn star?! That was your first thought?! Wow." He breathed out.

Charlie rolled her eyes and began to walk out.

"See ya there!" She waved.

Gabriel waved and glanced at his watch.

7:49PM

Damn it. He had about ten minutes before the ball started. Well he could be late. He didn't have to be so early. But he wanted to get there before Sam.

He looked over at Alfie.

"Alfie...I have to go..." he mumbled.

Alfie smiled and ruffled Gabe's hair.

"Go ahead. And have fun at the ball thing of yours."

Gabriel smiled and took of his apron before running out of the coffee shop.

// Sam's POV

Sam sat on his bed watching an episode of Doctor Who as Lucifer walked around the room.

"Luci...calm down. The ball wont start for another ten minutes..." he groaned.

"Yea well don't you think we should be getting ready?!" Lucifer asked frantically.

Sam groaned again and kept his eyes on the screen.

"We don't have to get there so early you know. Besides I don't even think I'm going." He mumbled. Lucifer stopped pacing around and started at Sam with wide eyes.

"What?! Why the hell don't you want to go?! Jessica's going!"

Sam rolled his eyes and nodded.

"Yea but Gabriel's going and I don't really want to cause him more trouble by seeing me..."

Lucifer huffed out a puff of air and groaned in frustration.

"Okay first of all, I talked with Gabe. And he said he wasn't going. That he was too busy with work and that he didn't want to make you even more upset."

Sam looked up at his roommate for a while before turning off the tv.

He glanced at the clock.

8:02PM

Sam sighed and stood up.

"Fine...let's get dresses."

Lucifer smiled widely before grabbing his clothes and running into the bathroom.