10. Picking Out Costumes

*Welcome to chapter 10 of falling in love at a coffee shop. Enjoy this chapter*

// Sam's POV

It's been another month since Sam had seen Gabriel with that woman. Since then Sam made sure to stay out of his way. So he wouldn't catch him with anyone.

Things with Jessica were going well. They went on a date the other night, Sam had prepared a regular dinner for them. It was alright. But Sam couldn't help but think about Gabriel the entire time.

Halloween was tomorrow. The school was having a Masquerade Ball. Sam wasn't that excited about it but he might see Gabe.

"Come on Sammy! Don't make me have to make out with you again!" Lucifer whined. Sam shook his head and continued reading his book.

"Sam Winchester. You are in love with Gabriel. He is in love with you! You two need to make out already!" Lucifer rolled around on his bed.

Sam rolled his eyes and put his book on his shelf. He wrapped himself in his blankets, facing away from his roommate.

"Go to sleep Lucifer..."

Lucifer grabbed his blankets and ripped them off Sam.

"Sammy. It's five in the afternoon. Besides, we're going shopping!" He sang the last part.

Sam sat up and put on a plaid shirt.

"Shopping for what exactly?" He asked.

"For suits! And masks for the ball!" He squealed. Damn he was so annoying sometimes. Sam put on his boots and walked towards the door.

"Fine...come on..." he sighed and they both walked out and to Lucifer's car. As they past the coffee shop, Sam tried his best not to stare at it, but he couldn't help it. He looked. He tried and looked behind the counter. And he found him. He saw Gabriel making coffee and calling peoples names out. He sighed and turned back around.

"You know that guy really needs to apologize to you." Lucifer sighed while pulling up to a shop.

Sam slowly nodded before they stepped out of the car.

The roamed the men's area for suits.

"You know what? Let's not dress in regular suits. I mean it's a halloween ball! The flyer does say to dress like anything!" Lucifer stated grabbing Sam and dragging him to the halloween costume area of the store.

"So then what are you dressing as?" Sam rolled his eyes.

"Hmmmm I'm not sure...maybe I'll go in a devils costume? Like the ones the girls wear?" He winked.

Sam rolled his eyes again.

"Oh come on Sam! I know you don't like halloween much but be fun! You'll enjoy it! You might even get to dance with Gabriel! I heard hems going as an angel! But I don't know..." he shrugged and walked around the isles.

Sam sighed and also looked around.

After hours of looking around in the shop they both found an outfit that pleased the both of them. Lucifer had gotten a sort of suit with white frills at the chest. He was going to wear some regualr dress pants and knee high boots.

Sam got something a bit more complicated.

// Gabriel's POV

Gabriel was working the night shift. Again. It's been a very sad and lonely month without Sam. But he had gotten used to it.

Tomorrow night was the Halloween Masquerade Ball at the college. Gabriel had already gotten his outfit. He was going at an angel. Cheesy yea but damn it looked sexy on him. He wondered if Sam would see him. He wondered if he would see Sam at all.

Gabriel was cleaning some tables when someone walked into the coffee shop. Gabriel looked up to see who it was.

Lucifer.

"Hey Luci!" Gabriel gretted and continued to clean the table.

"Gabriel! You will owe me for the rest of your life!" He twirled around in front of Gabriel.

"And why exactly would I owe you the rest of my life?" He crossed his arms.

Lucifer pulled something out of his pocket and waved it around. Gabriel tried to get a look at what it was. A photo? Of who?

"Oh please tell me you're going to the bal tomorrow night?!"

Gabriel nodded and uncrossed his arms.

Lucifer squealed like a little girl before hiding the photo with his hands.

"Okay so Sammy and I went shopping today for costumes right? Well so I took a picture of him with the outfit on and whoa did you fall in love with a hot man or what?" He laughed and handed the photo to Gabriel.

He looked at Lucifer before looking down at the photo in his hands.

Whoa.

Sam looked. . . amazing! Great! Now Gabriel knew what he was wearing. He could ask him for a dance.

"Aww look you're blushing!" Lucifer gushed. Gabriel punched Lucifers arm and shook his head.

"You didn't tell him what I was going as right?" He smiled at him. Lucifer's smile faded and he placed his hands behind his back.

"Well. . ." He began. Gabriel groaned and walked around the coffee shop.

"Lucifer you said you wouldn't!" Gabriel pouted. Lucifer giggled and patted the older ones back.

"Don't worry Gabriel! I'm sure there will be a ton of people dressed as angels! Sure most of them will probably be girls. But I could tell him you aren't going so it will be a surprise when you take off your mask!"

Gabriel hummed to himself before nodded. That could work. It would sure surprise Sam.

*Short Chapter yea I know. Sorry about it but I was trying to get this done quickly and I think the ball should have his own chapter so yep. And the picture is Sam's outfit but he's not wearing the gold mask. He's wearing a black feathery one that like covers both his eyes and one side covers half of his face! I will be adding Gabriel's in the next chapter*