Chapter 1~The Deal

"You have to find your true love now before your older sister marry that cowry man."

I almost turned my head to see if my mother is serious. She never even wants one of us to get married at all. Actually, she is still treating us like little kids and she's not even ashamed of it. Being a 20-year-old lady, somehow, made me wish to run away from her but as I grow older, I realized that I really need my mom.

When my sister announced her received proposal through video call, my mom cried a lot. She told us that it is a heartbreak for her to see one of us leaving her side and going to another house without her. Good for my sister because she didn't see our mom having a hard time after she announced her received proposal. As a daughter, looking at my mom's tears, my heart also breaks. That time, I promised to never ever leave mama.

"You know she loves than man, mama. He'll take care of her." I tried to comfort her.

"I know but I can't accept the fact that my babies will soon leave me. And I'm getting emotional right now because you'll be married too and maybe soon, you'll leave me. Zendaya, please don't leave me."

Instead of being emotional, I laughed at my mom's dramatic statement. How can I get married if I never experience love yet? Being in love is a serious thing and I want it to last for a long-term period or should I say, forever. Honestly, I'm somehow desperate to get one but I believe that God has a better plan for me. He will give it to me at the right time or at the time that my mom can already accept that I need to fall in love. If God is really waiting for that time, I will really beg my mom to quickly accept it.

Right now, mama and I are packing our clothes and our essential things to our big luggage. We are actually going to my sister in London. Of course, as a bride's sister and the maid of honor, I promised to help her in her wedding preparations and her wedding essentials. I got emotional as I think of the memories that my sister and I had when we were young until we are fully grown women. Now she is getting married, I am sad and happy for her at the same time. It makes me feel so bittersweet.

I am really excited to see my ate stepping in to the next chapter of her life. Also, I'm excited to go to London because it is one of my dream places. While I'm being excited at everything that we will discover and encounter there, I can see the disappointment of my mom in her face. Actually, she really wants to stay but I tried my best to convince her because...Duh! It's my sister's wedding. HER DAUGHTER'S WEDDING.

We need to leave at least 2 hours before our flight. There is a heavy traffic in EDSA so we need to go to the airport as quickly as we can. Also, we need to be early because it is hard to find the check-in area inside the airport.

We reached the airport at exactly 9:15 am. We have 45 minutes left to go to the counter and get the boarding pass. Not mentioning the long line and the slow workers, I don't think we can still reach our plane .But after 20 minutes, we survived. Thank God!

Our flight from Manila to London is approximately 15 hours and 5 minutes. I decided to sleep for the whole flight so I can be active when I got there. My mom spent her time watching K-dramas. I put my mask on and I fell asleep.

*after 15 hours and 5 minutes*

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Heathrow Airport. Local time is 1:45 am and the temperature is 25°C . For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the captain turns off the Fasten Seat Belt sign. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about."

I woke up with the flight attendant's announcement as we land at the airport. I look at my mom's side and she is already eating the cookies that she got from the diner foods. I grab one of it since I didn't eat for 15 hours of our flight and I'm very hungry. Actually, I prepare myself for the London's food since the internet said that they are all delicious. This is a really good time to starve myself so I can save the best feeling later.