Chapter 8~HIStory

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Your date?" He smiled teasingly.

"Ohhhh... WOW. Hi. I'm Z. How did you know my name?"

"The new feature. Check it out."

I checked the app and saw his name. I still wonder how the agency is working to give us the best shots as their clients.

Dao Min Chen (24 years old)

-preferred date for being "loyal"

-Half Korean, Half Chinese

-Owns "ASI Corporation"

"I get it. Dao Min?" His name is unique but it's cute. I think I heard his name as one of the gangsters in a foreign drama. I just don't remember where it came from.

"You can just call me with my English name, Dylan." He stated.

"Ahh... okay. Dylan, so what are your plans for today?"

"Hmmm... I want to bring you to a special park. But first, are you going to buy all of this? I can help you carry them if you want." He looked at the things that I'm bringing and I slowly realize what he meant.

"I'll just go to the cashier."

He insisted to carry all my things as we went out of the shop. We decided to walk since Dylan said that the park is just nearby.

We went to an ordinary park. There are only a few people here. Only a few children are playing while a lot of them are holding gadgets. I felt sad for these kids who don't know the real world anymore. When I was at their age, I always get excited every time my parents bring us to the park and leaving the park is the hardest and saddest thing for me to do. I felt so blessed for I experienced those things.

"Would you like to sit there so we can have fun while getting to know each other?" Dylan offered while pointing to the swing.

"Sure. I'll be happy to." I gladly answered.

"This is one of the memorable places of my life." He started to sway the swing. I followed too.

"Really? Why?" I asked.

"There are so many so-called friends that I bring here whom I make happy memories together but they left me like we didn't know each other." He gladly explained.

I am really amazed at how he smiled with his painful statement. Is he really that strong enough to not feel the pain?

"Someone left you. Why are you still smiling?" I curiously asked.

"I know that they left. They hurt me and killed me right to my heart. They left so many questions in my mind but I can't hate them." He smiled.

I just stared at him with no emotions since I don't know what to say or to react.

"You know when people left, you shouldn't hate them. They left because they all have personal reasons that they need to fix themselves. The world is not just about yourself. There are so many acceptable reasons that we need to think first before judging them that they hurt us badly. Besides, I realize that their presence may make my heart grows fonder but their absence makes my soul grows stronger. There will be a circumstance in our lives that our family will fail us, our friends will fail us and the one that we love will fail us but there is only one person that will not fail us. Do you know who?"

I think so hard that I can't think of the answer. "Who?"

"Look up." I followed his command and I saw two birds.

"Birds?" I answered.

"Silly." He laughed out so loud. "Look at the figure beyond that. I mean not a figure because we can't see Him. But I tell you, He is more precious than the birds above.

"God?" I whispered but I didn't let him hear me.

"Hey! It's God. Didn't you think of it in the first place?" He patted my hand when he looked above.

"I know." I just rolled my eyes on him.

"Hmmm... I know that people will not think of Him instantly but He should be the first person that we should seek before someone else. As I have said, people will fail us but God, He is always there for us." He paused for a while then he looked at me. "Actually, I once saw myself as an undeserving person. I thought that I can't handle relationships since I have too many failed relationships. But then, I find out that the reason why my relationships fail is that it is not yet the right time for me. So I told myself that when the right time comes, I will never fail the one that He gave to me." He explained wholeheartedly.

I didn't realize that I'm crying now. It just attacked me right to my heart and it made me emotional. I was surprised when he wiped my tears and smile. Dylan made me feel special with his words. This is the first time that my heart beats while I'm on a date. Is he the One?

"The place is getting darker now. May I offer you a ride to your home?" He insisted.

"I'll be happy to." I gladly said.

My heart is beating so fast. I really know that this is it.

We are on our way to our house when my best friend, Cire, called me. He told me that he will go here in London for a vacation. I know I should feel excited for him being with me but I suddenly felt nervous. What is wrong with me?