Chapter 4~Improvement

"NO. HE ISN'T." I shouted.

Am I surprised that I just defend J.Seph? Yes, I am. 

I barely know him but I felt his heart awhile ago and I know that he is not the person that she just accused to him.

"OKAY LADY. WHO ARE YOU? ARE YOU PART OF THIS?" She angrily said. 

I saw the police going near us and they put handcuffs to J.seph. 

"Fine," I sighed and I pointed to the children. " I don't know what you are saying but I know that this guy right here helps these children to find a home even in a simple studio like this. Care to explain what you are talking about? "

She pointed her finger at a child.

"That boy is my son. He is gone for two days and it drives me crazy but he is here. He took him!" Her tears burst that makes me pity of her.

"NO MOM!" The boy shouted. "I WON'T EVER GO BACK TO YOUR HOME AGAIN. I NEVER FEEL LOVE. I NEVER FEEL LIKE HOME." 

"So... y-you ran away?" The woman asked while crying.

"YES! I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK!" The boy once again shouted that makes his mom kneel on the floor and cried hard.

"Sir. May you please remove my cuffs? I'll talk to the boy" J.seph said to the police officers.

"Are you sure you didn't kidnap this boy?" one of the police officers asked.

"I believe yes, officer. Now, Go!" the other police officer commanded.

J.seph dragged the boy outside and I follow them as they walk outside. When J.seph saw me, he told me to stay by his side.

"I need someone to stop me if I will be out of control." He told me.

"Wait for what?!" I heard him giggle but it scared me. Will J.seph really do that? I stay beside him and I prepared myself to stop him anytime if ever he got out of control. 

Jeez. Why do I feel uneasy?

"Son, why did you run away?" He calmly said.

"Eomma is not at home always. I don't know what to do at home. She doesn't allow me to join a dance class. She doesn't want me to achieve my dream as a dancer. And..." He paused for a while. "She doesn't love me at all."

"What do you mean 'doesn't love you at all'?" I asked.

"Yup. What do you mean?" J.seph smiled and then, he put his hands on the boy's chin.

"Because...she is not always at home," the boy said while sobbing so loud.

"I guess I  understand now," he stopped for a while then he held the boy's cheeks. "You don't feel love, my son, but your mother is giving you all her love. Before I tell you the reasons why, can you promise me that you will not run away from your home again?"

He just nodded.

"Well, your mother has a job. That's why she is leaving your home because she needs to earn money for your needs. All the clothes, foods and things that you have, she provided it to you with the money that she earned. Second, she doesn't allow you in dance classes? Maybe she is planning to put you in a bigger school. You just have to be patient. Also, I know that your mom knows what's best for you. You need to remember that."

The boy cries so hard so we wait for him to calm down. J.seph hold my hand and squeezed it. When the boy became calm, we went back to the studio and his mom is still crying.

"I'm sorry eomma." The boy said.

"No...no..I should be the one apologizing. I heard you from there. I should know the truth. I should do everything as your mother. I'm sorry. I'm sorry eolin-i" His mom continue to apologize even though she can't catch her breath anymore.

"EOMMA! NO! I'M THE ONE. I SHOULD HAVE UNDERSTAND YOU. THAT'S WHAT TEACHER J.SEPH TOLD ME. SORRY EOMMA. SORRY." The boy hugged his mom tightly.

While being emotional to the scene, I realized that I'm still holding J.seph's hand. I tried to remove it slowly so he will not be in awkward position. J.seph looked at me and smiled.

"It must be very hard for them," I told him as we walk far away from them so they could have a private talk.

"Yes, of course." He stated.

One of the police officers approached us and I was surprised when she removed her mask and her hat that she is wearing a while ago. 

"Celine?" I said.

"Z," she grabbed my hand and she pulled me to the corner of the studio. "Why are you here?"

"Actually, I'm having a date," I shyly said.

"Awee... how about Cire?" she asked.

"Seriously! What's with him?" I asked.

"Oh... so you don't know yet?" she asked and I find it so weird.

"What will I know?" I curiously and confusingly asked. 

"I mean how is he?" she said. 

"Well, my best friend is off to somewhere I don't know. He doesn't even text me after I got here. What a remindful best friend!" I sarcastically said.

"Aish. Whatever I ship you with him. You know I'm a fan of ZenCire since before," she giggled (annoyingly).

I saw the mother approaching J.seph and he gestured me to come near him. Celine is also called by her partner.

"Thank you Teacher J.seph and to your girlfriend. You make him change his mind in a positive way. I'm sorry about what I did a while ago," the mom said.

"Girlfriend?" I asked.

"It's okay madam. I understand your concern to your son. I just do what I needed to do. Also, I want to talk to you about your child's dream to..."

"I know," she interrupted and she smiled widely. "That's why I trust you to take care of him here. I know that I can trust you in molding his dreams. Thank you again."

"Eomma. The police officers want to talk to you." The boy interrupted us and he points to the police officers.

"Excuse me." She said.

Suddenly, my mom messaged me to go back to our house because it is now late. I look at my phone and yes, it is now 11:15 pm on the clock.

"Guess, I'll be heading home now," I told J.seph.

"I'm sorry. I can't bring you home. I need to deal with this."

"It's okay. I'll be fine."

"And I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"Sorry for not falling in love. Haha..." 

I smiled and I feel happy about his honesty. Actually, I didn't feel it too.

"Sorry, I didn't fall in love too. Actually, this a normal thing, right?"

"Is it?" he asked.

"It's just our first date so we shouldn't expect to fall in love easily," I said.

"But.. I still want to hang out with you," J.seph put his hands on his napes while looking down then he looked at me. "Would you mind if I will ask you...to become friends? Oh sorry! I mean I am asking you if we can still be friends?"

"Of course, I would want to. I am inspired and I learned a lot from you today. You are a good friend actually," I look at my phone my sister's messages."By the way, this is one of the memorable days for me in London. Kamsahanida~"

"Hwan-yeong. Thank you for being with me today too. Good night."

"Good night. Annyeong~"

I exit the studio with a smile on my face. This date is just so light that I want to do it again. Friends? I ended it with friends. At least, my mom wouldn't kill me yet. Still, I don't experience love yet.