CH. 1 Why?

//Kirishima// 

Sometimes I wonder, why did the Lord do this to us? We believed in them, had hope in them, we praised them. Most importantly, they were the only source of light protecting us from the vampires.

Or so I thought.

Call me a monster. Yes, my 10-year old self was surprised, scared, and furious. But, was that unexpected? No. Throughout my life, I went through various situations that almost got me killed. Our "special" ability, everyone around us called it. The damned vampires just had to satisfy their needs. These assailants can't be the Bakugou family. They may be powerful vampires, but, they rule us, humans, too. The Bakugous' have to keep their image. 

Nevertheless, I've never heard of a vampire who likes to put roses on their victims. Who could that be? 

Ever since the incident, ten years have passed. Ten whole years by myself, to mourn the death of my family. Luckily, I wasn't left alone to fend for myself. Even so, do I want to die?

Yes, I did. And I still do.

Waking up to your whole family murdered by vampires, and having to bury their bodies all by yourself would probably make you want to rest in peace along with them. In this universe, no one's even going to spare your family another glance once they are dead. Survival for themselves is the top priority. Death is common in this world now, coming in left and right to snatch our loved ones from our very eyes. 

After the death of my family, our neighbors, the Kaminaris, were kind enough to spare a room in their house.

Before everything crazy happened, I had a home to live in, parents to care for, school, and friends. As a child, I wasn't aware of what was going on in the real world. My parents hid me from it well. I had a vague understanding of my future, or so I thought.

~~~~~~~~~

Flashback- Kirishima is ten years old.

Just a year before turning 10, we had a lesson on vampires. Throughout the whole "documentary," kids screamed. Speaking for everyone, I'm sure they already knew the info being presented to us. Their parents had all warned them and educated them already.

"Keep away from them!" The teachers exclaimed while showing us pictures of crosses. 

"Make sure to carry these around you! They are the best portable emergency solution to fend off vampires.

The teachers proceeded to show us pictures of garlic, and surprisingly, brought a live demonstration of plain water. 

"Miss! Miss! Why water?" A kid shouted from the back of the room as we all turned to look at one of the teachers.

"Remember getting cuts? Well, now that you are older, whenever you get a cut, make sure to clean it immediately with water. Your blood might trigger the vampires around you to react to, much like an animal instinct."

"Uh, ok, miss!" everyone chanted, confused, but taking it to heart.

It was also that day when I came home to worried looks plastered on everyone's faces. 

"Mom, Dad, Sis, why are you making such silly faces? What's wrong?"

I asked as I took off my shoes at the front door and hooked my backpack onto the wall. 

"Ah-Eijiro! Welcome home!" Mom exclaimed as she gestured for me to sit down at the table. Exchanging nods with the rest of the family, she dropped to a serious tone.

"Eiijiro, it has almost been 10 years since the last sacrifice."

Her voice wavered a little.

"To the vampires. We, the Kirishimas, are always picked. This decade, they've tweaked it a bit. Your sister is old enough and is going to...be marrying the youngest son of the Bakugou family, Katsuki. It is to ensure that you won't have the same fate, Eijiro."

Unable to process what I just heard, I looked at Sis. She was biting her lip and kept her gaze down at the wooden table. 

A sudden drawn silence draped over us like heavy curtains.

"And one more thing."

I glanced up from the table as well, trying to think of the proper reaction to this.

"Eijiro. I think it is the right time to tell you this. Both Dad and I are humans. But..."

She continued, breathing in deeply, before exhaling.

"You're not human."

-Bakugou POV- 

"Mom!"

I jumped up and down, grabbing Mom's gown as I showed her a picture of a small red dragon.

"Mom, I want this one!"