Ch. 2 Human

Please like this chapter owo.

///Kirishima POV///

This chapter contains sharp objects.

"You're not human."

"Huh...?" 

I tilted my head to the side, showing my confusion.

"Mom...you don't joke often, but when you do, it's so funny!"

I began to form a suspicious conclusion.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, causing me to flinch. It was Sis's hand as she gave me an indefinable expression that advised me to listen to Mom.

"Eijiro, you have two powers. You are a dragon, with a 'blessing' called Hardening."

"Is it like a dragon in Fairy Tail? That's so cool Mom! You have such a vivid imagination!" I beamed as I nervously tugged at my shirt.

(Yes, it's Fairy Tail.)

Everyone at the table stared at each other, communicating with glares of stress.

"Hey Kiri," said Sis softly as I turned to face her.

"Could you close your eyes? Don't open them until we say so, okay? No matter what."

"Ok Sis, is this a surprise for me?" I closed my eyes and sat there, squirming in my seat as I heard footsteps of everyone else heading towards the kitchen. They then headed back.

WHACK

I felt a sharp surface slam into me as my eyes jolted open. Naturally, being only ten years old at that time, I screamed at what I saw.

My arm.

There was a knife beside my arm bent into a mess. 

The knife must've hit my arm, but it wasn't my arm that was hurt. The knife lay there, a foot away from me, contorted into a ball of a twisted and knarled piece of metal. Tentatively, I touched my arm and screamed more because my skin was HARD.

I scrambled to my feet as I held my arm in front of me, scared and in bewilderment.

"M-Mom?!?" 

I looked over to see all three family members standing in front of me, with grieving looks on their faces. They were a little too far away from me.

"Kirishima...do...you... understand me now? Try turning it back to normal."

Mom whispered as both of her hands clenched together tightly in a praying position.

In my head, I willed it to disappear. When I thought about that, it did. Easy, I thought for a moment in my head. But then, doubts surfaced.

"Mom is this what you meant by having a special ability?"

I whispered as I cautiously wiped the tears that started to form.

"A-am I a Monster?"

Choking on a sob, Mom rushed up to hug me.