Ch. 5 You Murderer

SNAP

I whipped around, foot slipping out from behind me, my whole body suddenly lurching forward. 

I closed my eyes, bracing for the impact, willing for my skin to harden again.

"Ack!"

Bakugou and I exclaimed at the same time.

Splat.

Splat.

My back never made contact with the floor.

Blood dripped onto my shoulder as I slowly began to feel the two supporting hands behind my back. Almost immediately, those hands retreat, and I hear Bakugou wince in pain. Not knowing what was going on, I glanced at my arm. Jagged spikes were sticking out of my sleeve, blood all over it. Had my skin pierced Bakugou as he was trying to catch me? Weren't vampires supposed to be impenetrable?

Something came over me at that moment. I was supposed to be taking this opportunity to run, but my body moved towards him. 

Was this concern I was feeling?

Teenage hormones?Hello? Brain? Are you there?

Whatever came through me at that moment, willed me to go forward and check to see if he was alright. Just as my realization kicked in, I saw blood gushing out of a wound on Bakugou's right arm.

Surprisingly, the blood was red, like a human's blood.

Like a blood red rose.

How could a weak person like me damage a vampire and so severely too? I was never good at anything; school, sports, arts, you name it. Everyone except Kaminari mocked me to be a failure. The only good I am is probably dinner for the vampires. Maybe that's why my family died.

(A/N) : That's a straight up lie, Kirishima, lol.

For a few moments, I just stood there as Bakugou lay slumped by the base of the oak.

I didn't know what to do. A part of my head screamed at me to run, but the majority of my brain cells reprimanded me saying that, even if he was a vampire, I shouldn't leave him here.

Tearing my hair out in frustration, I eventually tore a piece of my shirt and threw it at him, slowly backing away with my hands in front of me. Bakugou looked up, his painful expression lasting only for a split second before dissipating.

"Kirishima, you're treating me like an animal, or worse, a monster." He drawled, pressing the strip of the shirt over his deep cut.

How ironic. 

I thought as I crossed my arms in front of me.

"I should've left you to die. Sorry about that, but I can't die tonight. There's just one more episode of Boku no Hero Academia I have to catch up on. It's a great anime. You should go check it out."