Ch. 4 Remember

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! :D

~~~

A-a blood red rose?!I looked at it, blanking out for a moment. Then the memory hit like a storm. The same rose that was in Sis's hands when I discovered my family dead.

Had the vampire or vampires come back to target me? Why didn't they kill me last time? Are they coming back?

Questions continued to surround my mind. Cautiously, I bent down to pick it up, wary of any traps hidden.

"Ack!"

I looked down to see that I pricked my finger on a thorn. My blood dripped from the small wound, creating a swell. From today's experience, I'm well- informed that my blood attracts rather strong vampires. Quickly closing the door, I rushed into the bathroom to clean my second cut of the day. Kaminari's head pokes through the doorframe of the bathroom.

"Hey man, are you alright? You seem so done today. I guess you would be, considering you were so close to a vampire..." He trailed off after taking a glance at my face.

"My parents."

I tilted my head in confusion, indicating Kaminari that he should continue speaking.

"They won't be home for a week. You know...if you want to go anywhere."

Kaminari emphasized 'anywhere,' knowing that when I was stressed and depressed, I would visit a particular place.

That particular place was where my family's graves lay. A small clandestine garden that despite the lack of care it received, flourished with a lush and verdant environment. The grass and flowers still hold the glow of the warm and once-hearty place for the gathering of a small family.

On days when the Kaminaris were out, I would go to the garden with a thin blanket. Some days I would just lay there in the grass, trying to absorb whatever memories the past held. On other days, I would curl up into a ball or on my knees and cry; shout my thoughts and my stress that I couldn't put into words.

Sometimes, I would even lean back by the rough, aged, and leathered brown base of the once magnificent oak tree and wonder.

When will the pain stop?

When will I stop crying and stop shouting?

.

.

.

When will I have someone to fill this gap in my heart?

I acknowledged Kaminari's implication with a nod as I continued to clean my superficial cut. Then, I turned around, trudged upstairs, and grabbed a blanket before coming downstairs again. Putting on my shoes and giving a nod to Kaminari, I headed out. It was almost nighttime, so I had to hurry and get there before the sun starts to set and the vampires start hunting.

After ten years, I vaguely remember what my family said about my so-called 'quirk.'

As I made my way past our school, UA, I tested out this 'power' again.

Sure enough, my skin hardened in a clank and stabbed through my small blanket. 

Useless ability.

I had only trained with it for the entrance exam to UA, no less. Still, I came in second, and Bakugou, first.