Ch. 16 Don't forget me

Please like this chapter and support kiribaku uwu

I'm BACK! I would like to say that I'm grateful for your constant support in this book even when I've been inactive. I know as a reader it is so hard to keep an inactive book on your reading list or library, and I am so, so thankful. I'm doing so much better mentally and physically, and the holidays are coming up! 

Please read the note after the story for a small poll! ;)

FLASHBACK CONT.

 I hadn't realized that he never gave me his name. Or rather, maybe I had forgotten to ask. Either way, I needed to find him again. The way he cheered me up was more than anything I could've asked for at that moment. I felt sad and guilty, knowing that I didn't know who he was and even more so after I realized I had never thanked him.

So, the next day, determined, I went back to the playground. Minutes passed, then an hour as I began to lose hope, swinging by myself back and forth as other children played around me. Right when I was about to give up, my head low, and my eyes tearing up, I felt a slight nudge to the swing I was on.

"Haha, did you just come back for me?" A familiar voice smirked as I looked up, my mouth widening into a grin.

"Well," I paused for a moment to contain my excitement, "yeah, it's because I had fun yesterday. Thanks, I needed someone to be there for me. By the way, what is your name-"

"Who's your favorite hero?" The blonde boy interrupted, striking a pose while flexing his skinny arms, kissing both of the nonexistent ripped biceps.

Huh, I thought to myself, taken aback by the interruption. I dismissed the suspicion and decided to ask again later.

"Crimson Riot, of course!" I replied, trying to imitate him as I tried to gel my hair up with my hands. My shoulder-length black hair didn't want to compromise. Nevertheless, crossing my arms together, I imitated his hero pose. He was my favorite hero of all time. I idolized him. He was manly, optimistic, fearless, and confident. He dived in headfirst into battles to save the innocent. I wanted to be just like him, and someday, I want his unique hairstyle too. Now that I'd thought about it, my "ability" was similar to his. Does this mean I can go to "hero-school?" Then, I'll able to save other people with the same manly behavior as Crimson Riot!

I grinned, lost in the slippery slope of my imagination.

"Crimson Riots cool, but do you want to know who I think is the best? All Might!" He put two fists beside each hip and flashed me a classic All Might smile. "I am here!" He exclaimed in the lowest voice he could muster. I giggled at him as we got into a playfight, each of us acting as our hero. We exchanged blows as I pretended to block his punches. In the end, we both fell, exhausted by the fight.

"You win," we both huffed in unison, before breaking into a fit of laughter.

We looked at each other in the eye as we lay in the sand, forgetting that we would get dirty. Just as the sun was about to set, I thought it would be the perfect time to ask for his name.