1. The beggining

(Y/N) (L/N) was on her way to her now new school, UA Academy, the number one school of heroes. She was excited, nervous, scared, happy. Nonetheless, she kept her head high with a big smile. As she walked, she reminisced her time at her previous school.

She has always been bullied because of her quirk. Kids would always mock her saying that if you saw her in the eyes for more than three seconds you would have a lifetime of bad luck. And whenever something bad happened, she was immediately incriminated. Some would treat her bad, others would ignore her. Sometimes she came home with bruises.

But she would always put a smile on her face nevertheless, because that's what her mother taught her.

Flashback

(Y/N)'s POV

A kid had told you that nobody wanted to be with you and that the world would probably be better if you had never existed. After that cruel statement, all kids around you started to laugh and push you.

Having had enough, you looked at all of them in the eye and one by one they began to trip, have things fall on them, become drenched in water by a hose nearby, etc. They all bagan to scream and scramble leaving you alone.

You were exhausted, with your head throbbing from having used your quirk too much, but the feelings you were having were much more painful.

Why couldn't you be normal and have a more normal quirk? Heck, even a lame one would be better than your "Bad Luck".

You hated your quirk. You hated this feeling. You hated yourself.

You just wanted to disappear,

you thought as drops of tears ran down your cheek.

Soon after, you could see through the gates your mother arriving at school. The teacher must have called notifying her of your behaviour. After they finished talking, you winced as you were prepared for a big scolding, but instead was surprised with a gentle smile.

She patted your hair as she kneeled down to your level, and with a sweet voice she said to you:

"Remember (y/n), smile. No matter what, use your smile to change the world, but don't let the world change your smile. Life rewards those who brave the stormiest skies."

Your eyes were open like big plates at your mother's sudden unexpected words, but you soon found yourself bawling your eyes out. She gave you a sulky pout and you soon corrected yourself and gave the biggest smile you could muster.

You looked pretty funny to be honest, with your eyes almost closed because of how much they were swollen and your face a mess with tears.

Your mom couldn't help but let a snicker at your current appearence, and you gave her a confused look.

"It's nothing. I-It's just.. PUHAHAHA!! You have the most ridiculously funny smile in the world! We'll have to practice that smile later" she said laughing and engulfing you in a warm embrace.

End of flashback

You grinned like a fool as you recalled that moment. You really loved your mother. After all, she haa always been there for you.

And you would replay her words in your head like a broken disk, almost like a spell bewitching you.

Remember (y/n), smile .

Thus, the reason you were walking to UA high was because of it being the alma mater of the number one hero, All Might.

But you didn't admire him because of his immense power like most kids, or his numerous victories. Definitely not.

It was because he would always put up a smile even in the most desperate of situations. He was your inspiration, the hero you strived to be: one that would bring people hope with your smile; hope that everything will be alright in the end....

You wanted to save people like yourself. Even if you could reach only one out of millions, you would still be happy knowing that you were able to change that person's life for the better.

You were interrupted from your thoughts when large gates came to sight. You stopped on your tracks, a warm breeze making your (h/c) hair wave. This was the beginning of something new.

With cheeks blushed, you breathed deeply trying to let all of your nervousness go away, and with a big grin and a determined smile you whispered:

"Finally, I am here"