4. A mysterious girl

(Shouto's POV)

Bee-dee-deep, bee-dee-deep, bee-dee-

*THUD*

I woke up panting, my body soaked in sweat, my eyes open like plates.

'Damn it, I dreamed about her again.

She was crying. Again.

She called my left side unbearable. Again.

She... '

I winced when I brought my hand to my scar and touched it. With a sigh, I left my bed and prepared to train with... him.

.

.

.

After two hours of hard training, I couldn't react to his attack and tripped, my head throbbing at the harsh fall. I was exhausted.

He looked at me with eyes filled with disappointment, and with that menacing pose he said:

"You still aren't using your left side...." Silence filled the dojo. Endeavour sighed.

"Shouto, this is your first day at UA high. Remember, you must be the very best so you can surpass All Might. You can't let anything distract you from your goal."

I hated to be his pawn. I didn't want this, to be a mere tool to succeed in what he couldn't.

I didn't reply back. I wasn't in the mood to, and even if I did it would make no difference. I just stared at the floor waiting for him to get out.

When I finished taking a shower, I dressed myself neatly in my uniform and walked to school even though it was early. When I opened the large door to class 1-A, I was taken aback when I saw someone seating straight like a robot.

"Hello, my name is Iida Tenya. It is good to meet someone who knows the importance of being early. That is very responsible of your part. You set a good examp-" he stopped to a halt when I walked past him and went to a seat far away from him.

I couldn't see his face as we were facing opposite directions. Probably hurt or angry, but I didn't care. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

Not long after, more and more people began to arrive. That Bakugou was causing quite a ruckus. I sighed, thinking that I will have to be with this people through the rest of my high school life.

Suddenly, the sound of giggling filled my ears.

"You sure are energetic this early in the morning, huh hedgehog?"

I took a glance at the (h/c) girl. She was grinning with not a single sign of fear through her eyes when in front of her was a rampaging gorilla threatening to kill her. Quite the nerve she got there, ha.

She soon began to scan the classroom only to stop and come to my direction.

While she was approaching me, she began to stare at my face leaving me confused. Noticing, she cleared up her throat and introduced herself:

"Hi, my name is (Y/N). Nice to meet you!" she said cheerfully as she extended a hand to me, which I didn't bother to shake.

"Shouto" I said with distrust.

Dejected, she was about to retire her hand only to suddenly take mine startling me.

"You know, when people greet you, you are supposed to greet back. Otherwise it is rude "

I was startled. It was the first time someone had told me off, well except from my father. No one ever cared, they would just brush it off or end up never talking to me. My brothers just gave me an empathic look.

I quickly pulled off my hand and glared at her, and with the coldest tone I could muster I said "I don't care. I did not come here to play friends"

I must have come out too harsh by the hurt in her eyes, but if that kept her from trying to befriend me, it was all good.

.

.

.

The quirk apprehension test was no problem, so I effortlessly completed the trials. But what caught my attention was a green haired kid, called Midoriya, and (Y/N). With one quick glance you could tell he was struggling with everything, and (Y/N) was also not using her quirk. Why weren't they using it? How did they enter? I heard that the entrance exam was challenging, with an extremely low percentage entry. A bluff, maybe.

But then Midoriya sent a powerful push to the ball, sending it flying. I was speechless. That power resembled All Might's. I frowned my eyes.

Who is he? Is (Y/N) hiding something too?

I searched for her with my eyes. She was being dragged by a girl to Midoriya. They started talking and I caught myself staring at her smile.

For a second, I thought I saw her face contort. Was I imagining things? No.... there was definitely guilt in her eyes. After all, I knew that feeling all too well.

'What are you hiding, (Y/N)?'