20. My fight

I didn't realize I was already crying by the time I stopped to catch my breath from running away. There were some trees around so I squat down leaning my back on one of them for support and continued crying covering my tears with my arms.

He was right. How could I ask him something like that and dream of helping him when I'm like this? I'm such an hypocrite and he has every right to be angry at me. I wouldn't be surprised if he no longer viewed me as a friend... 

"Hard day?" I jolted my head up from surprisement, but I didn't see anyone around. "Up here" I looked up and saw Tokoyami lying on a branch. "Let me guess, it has something to do with Todoroki, am I right?" "What? How do you know?" "(Y/N), nowadays you look happier now that he is your friend. Not that you weren't always smiling before, but it's like more authentic now. You could say that I'm quite the observant person."

Was I that obvious? I shrugged my shoulders before my sight landed on the floor. "Well, not that it matters anymore as I ruined everything. He won't want to be my friend anymore after what I said to him..." I gritted my teeth, guilt overflowing inside me and tears threatening to fall down again. A few seconds passed by until he talked again.

"I don't know what happened between the two of you, but I know that he doesn't like this situation anymore than you do. I assure you that he still wants to be friends with you. Just talk with him and don't give up on him. He can be hard to deal with but you'll see that everything will turn alright in the end." "And how do you know that?" "Hmm, let's say it's a hunch."

I though over the words he said and it made me feel better. He's right, I shouldn't give up on him after he showed signs of wanting to befriend us. I'm sure that there must be a way to make him embrace his left side and break the barrier that he's putting up. And as for me, I should too...

I stood up in one go and smacked my cheeks with both of my hands to pump me up. "Thanks Tokoyami! " I smiled at him with a glint of determination in my eyes and he gave me a reassuring nod. I left him and jogged to our private rooms. I searched for the boy that made me feel this way till I finally found him.

"Shouto, I too will declare war on you, so you better not take it easy." This time I put a serious face on me, wishing that with this, he would get that I was serious about becoming a hero, and that I'm going to do my best so he should also do so. If words weren't enough, I hoped that my actions could convey my feelings. He was startled at first at my sudden proclamation of war, but he soon nodded his head in aknowledgement.

...

"I'm so doomed" I mumbled to myself when I analized the chart. I was paired with Mina, and to fight Shouto I would have to beat her, Tokoyami or Yaoyorozu, and ultimately... Bakugou if the others don't make it, which probably won't be the case... I sighed. Either way, I'll do my best so that my feelings reach Shouto.

The first battle was between Deku and Shinsou and it was about to start, so I sat on the stands next to Ochako and Tsuyu-chan to cheer him on.

After Izuku miraculously won, Shouto's match was next. I noticed that something was wrong with him... I debated on whether or not give him some cheering words when it suddenly finished in the blink of an eye, with shards of ice right in front of my nose. I was shivering from the sudden coldness.

Something definetely has triggered him for him to act this merciless, and I eyed Endeavour... 

.

.

.

Soon it was time for my match and I prepared myself. 

Since it's Mina we're talking about, I have to make sure I don't keep her close to me since she's way better than me at close combat and also, her acid burns like hell! As soon as it started, I tried to push her off limits with the wind but it didn't work, and she was soon skiing through the platform with her acid. She was about to fire some acid to me when I made it rain suddenly, the acid desintegrating with the water.

I had hoped it would be over before I had to make it rain since if she touches me with any part of her body, I'd get some serious burns because when acid gets in contact with water, the latter one boils intensely. But I thought that it would be the best option right now if it made her not able to launch any long range attack so she was still at disadvantage. And as for me, my objective didn't change: I must avoid her from getting too close.

It had been a few minutes of her trying to get close and me getting her at a considerable distance when she suddenly threw a large amount of acid around her. I couldn't see her now that there was fog everywhere, and I didn't notice her sneaking up behind me. I hissed at the large amount of pain that was emitting from my forearm and in a second I was thrown to the floor, almost landing off limits. Before she could push me outside, I made all her muscles get cramps unabling her to move. Taking advantage of her immovility, as I was still lying I rapidly got my legs in between hers, pushed her upwards and made her 'fly' above me, finally getting her off limits.

"AND THE WINNER IS (Y/N)!!"

After I won, as the adrenaline wore off I felt a throb on my forearm, droplets of blood coming out as I snatched a glance to where I felt the pain. I headed to the nurse to get it treated and greeted Recovery Girl. "My my, that's a nasty burn. Don't worry, I'll fix it in a second." she said as she gave me a sweet kiss and bandaged my arm carefully.

I was glad I had won, cause it would be bad if I lost right after I told Shouto that bold statement. After a few minutes I found out that my next opponent would be Tokoyami. I sighed because I didn't want to fight him since he was the one who cheered me up, but I couldn't back out now. 

Feeling all right again, I removed the bandages to see that I had already recovered with only a faint scar on my skin, almost invisible. I thanked Recovery Girl and went to search for my friends. In a few minutes, Ochako was to fight Bakugou, and I wanted to give her all the support I could.

"(Y/N)! It's great to see you before my match~ You did awesome before!" After she said that, there was an announcement notifying her and Bakugou to head out but I noticed her trembling. Knowing well enough the cause of it, I called out to her before she stepped up to the arena. "Ochako!" She turned her head around to hear me out "Give him a hell of a time! Go beyond, Plus Ultra!!" I crooked my head a little giving her the same smile a proud parent would give and she smirked at me with a thumb up before she went outside.