29. Date

I woke up next morning in a bad mood since I couldn't sleep all that well that night. I was wondering if I was being reckless and was starting to regret leaving the agency like that. I sighed because even if I regretted it, there was nothing I could do now. Since I had nothing to do I checked my social media but got more depressed when everyone had photos of the hero works they were doing, and that they have actually gotten friendly with their partners. I frowned my eyes and shut down the screen. I did right in leaving, he was being a total jerk and I learnt nothing from him this entire week.

I decided to go to the park to get my mind off things. When I reached it, there was a group of little kids playing around and since I had time to kill, I played with them. Well, with the girls since the boys didn't want to play with us girls, and one even told me I was an old hag and I rolled my eyes. I'm only fourteen! Anyways, the girls were telling me all kinds of gossip while we did each other's hair, and the boys were playing soccer by the side. It was nice to do something different after all that cleaning and running.

Suddenly, the boys were yelling and I turned my head to see what was all the ruckus about. When I saw the same boy that called me an old hag crossing the street to retrieve the ball and a car dangerously near him, I used my quirk to stop the car with some kind of force field I don't know how to explain. I immediately ran to his aid, and I sure have gotten faster from all that running I did. I covered the boy with my body in case the car didn't stop in time and once I made sure the car stopped, I checked to see if he was alright and I was relieved. Then, a young lady came and began to thank me nonstop for saving his son and I said it was nothing.

I remember I came up with that forcefield in the time I spent in the agency. Whenever I was cleaning or moving objects, heroes would run and accidentally kick the bucket of water or throw the boxes, so I had to stop them before they could dirty the place. But I was always scolded because I made them fall or hurt themselves in the way and delaying them from their work. Still, I couldn't let them come and dirty the place I worked so hard on and I couldn't push them with wind since there wasn't any and even if there was it would knock everything over, so I had to think of a solution. That's where I came up with the force field. It works more or less like the wind, except I can do more things with it, like stop, levitate or encage someone with it, asides from pushing them and sending them flying away. And thus, luckily no one was bothered when I stopped them lightly with it. Hmph, at least I've learnt something there.

I waved the kids goodbye since their parents decided that it was time to go, but it caught me by surprise when the boy I saved got out of his mother's grasp to tell me something "Thank you... Old hag". Well the old hag part was unnecessary but since he thanked me being the prideful kid he was apparently, I let it slide. Also, it was really cute to see him blush with an annoyed look. "No problem kiddo!" I said grinning and messing his hair a little.

It was satisfying to have someone I saved thank me, and it made me eager to become a hero faster. I then remembered the matter with Levi and all the hero training and I slumped my shoulders. Can I really become a hero at this rate...?

I was feeling gloomy again and sat down on a nearby bench. I took out my phone and checked to see if I got any message. None, ha. Anyways, since I felt like talking with someone I opened the chat with Shouto and that's when it struck me.

'If it gets hard tell me and we could go somewhere'

...Still, he should be busy right now so I shouldn't bother him... but he said 'always'....... Eh... it doesn't hurt to try, does it? Hmm, I'll just tell him a hello and wait if he answers. If not, then that's it.

(Y/N)

Hi...

I sent it without hoping for much, but I was startled when my phone rang that I almost dropped it.

Shouto

Hey, what's going on?

Well, here I go.

(Y/N)

...Are you busy now?

He was taking too much time to answer that I figured he was indeed busy.

Shouto

I'll go to the park. Wait there.

(Y/N)

Oh, okay. No problem, it wasn't anything anyway.

Wait what?

He didn't reply after that, so I waited as told. Was he actually going to come here?

A few minutes passed by and he indeed came. "Why?" I asked him confused. "It's obvious that you are troubled right now." "...Was I that obvious?" He shrugged his shoulders "I can tell. Come on" He said as he held my hand to go and I blushed. It was the first time a boy held my hand after all. "W-Wait, what about your training?" "It's okay, I can make up for it later." "But..." I said and he sighed. I know I was asking a lot of questions, but I can't help it, this was all too sudden.

"(Y/N), it's okay. It's not a bother if it's you." At this point, steam was coming off of my head. I'm not sure why, but lately he has been saying those kinds of things to me and it confuses the hell out of me since he always says them with a dull expression. I shrug them off in the end since they are probably to cheer me up and nothing more than that.

He led me to the train and we sat on some empty seats we found. "Um, where are we going?" I asked. "It's a surprise".