9. Wrong words

Shouto's POV

When the siren went off, all students started running and pushing in panick. I didn't want to deal with all this mess, so I just entered an empty room to stay until it calmed down a little. There was no point in joining that crowd. If by chance a villain were to enter the school grounds, I could take care of myself. So I just laid back on the wall and spaced out. That is until a loud shuffling of someone entering the room distracted me. It was (Y/N).

Noticing my presence in the small room, she quickly turned around to leave but I held on to her before she could. "Going out right now is just idiotic. Just stay here." I didn't know why I bothered, I mean, for all I could care she could leave and struggle there.

"Um.. okay. Thanks" She gave me a small smile to let me know she was grateful, but soon her gaze faced down the floor. There was barely enough space for the two of us, so I could feel her warm breath in my chest.

A couple of seconds passed by like that until she looked up to me but still not facing me completely, clearly embarrassed. "So, um... about yesterday... could you please forget about it like it never ever happened? It was an accident after all..." "Sure." "Cool.."

She seemed more relaxed now, I could feel all tension leaving her body. I wondered if that was the reason she was trying her best to ignore me in class. She was now facing me completely with a relieved smile on her face and I couldn't help but notice her faint swollen eyes. "Were you crying because of that?" "W-What? No no" "Then why?"

Her flustered expression turned grim, but she quickly covered it with a smile which annoyed me. "It's nothing, I was just watching a sappy romance novel. That's all hehe" I frowned knowing that that wasn't true at all.

"Why do you always do that?" "Do what?" She was visibly confused by my question. "Smile, even though you don't feel like it." By her reaction, it was clear that she was surprised by my words. She turned away from me and frowned "I don't know what you're talking about" "Yes you do"

(Y/N)'s POV

I was irritated by this point. Why does he even care? Honestly, he always manages to find a way to annoy me.

"Then what about you?" I shot him the question, now anger in my eyes, facing him head on. "Why do you always act so cold Mr. 'I don't care, I didn't come to make any friends'? Did your parents teach you like that? Don't they tell you that you are being plain rud-" I stopped. I think I must have touched a sensitive spot on him. He was shooting daggers through his eyes. "You would not understand" He had a pained expression and I could see that his eyes were tearing up a little. Shit, I must have fucked up real hard.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean to.." I was interrupted when we heard the shoutings from behind the door calm down and what appears to be a student yelling. I didn't want to leave the situation as it is but he was clearly unwilling to listen to anything I'd say. Sigh, I will have to leave it for now. I turned around and opened the door so we could leave the suffocating atmosphere.

.

.

.

Turns out, it was the media that made the sirens go off. Something was a little off with the story but I chose to go with it as it made the whole school calm down and Iida ended up being the class president. I was happy for him, after all he was the one that had wished for it the most. But my smile faded as my mind was filled with thoughts about what happened just a moment ago with Todoroki, him being beside me still bitter about before.

Did something happen with his parents? Let's see.. he is Endeavour's son. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared of him, but was he as harsh as he seemed on TV to his family? And what about her mother, was she too? If that's so, maybe he wasn't as bad as I thought he was. It's just his way of coping with it....

In any case, wondering about it won't make a difference. I'll have to apologize to him and soon, and maybe ask him about it. 

Later that day

Shouto's POV

"Shouto, how are you doing at school?" I flinched. It was my father. "Fine." I replied. "Just fine? You know that that isn't enough, you must excel that bastard of All Might. I expect better of you, Shouto, so stop being a rebellious teenager and grow up already." I hated this. It's always the same story.

I went to my bedroom and layed on my bed. Suddenly I frowned when I recalled her words.

'Did your parents teach you like that? Don't they tell you that you are being plain rud-'

I hated to admit it, but I was becoming like my father. A rude dickhead, and I didn't want that to happen.

I... I want to change...