3. New friends

You followed the girls to the changing room and soon found yourself engaged on a conversation with two girls: one had short brown hair and cute pink cheeks, while the other was frog-like with her tongue sticking out of her mouth. They were Uraraka and Tsuyu.

"I still can't believe what you did! Weren't you afraid of Bakugou?"

'So Bakugou was that hedgehog's name huh?' You thought.

"Kero, that was dangerous (Y/N). He could have beat you badly" Tsuyu said with her index finger on her cheek.

Ochako agreed with her.

"Haha, don't worry girls. I wasn't afraid of his punches. I have a pretty high tolerance I swear" which was the truth.

After having gone through many years of bullying you have grown accustomed to the beatings.

But your smile turned a little sad in that moment. Although you could withstand physical pain, you were still in pain whenever they gave you that look.

That look that said you should just disappear.

The two girls in front of you were looking at each other in confusion after seeing your sudden change in expression. They were about to ask you what was wrong when you heard your teacher shouting to tell you to hurry up.

You were relieved. You appreciated their concern for you but didn't want to ruin your new friendship on the very first day and never. After all you didn't want to repeat those years again. No. This time, you would make sure of it.

.

.

.

"Alright kids, we are going to test your quirks now. We will use this ball to measure your abilities. Unlike middle school, you can use your quirks and do whatever you can to better your score. Bakugou, you go first"

Aizawa sensei gave Bakugou a ball and he began to prepare himself to throw the ball.

"DIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!" He shouted as he sent the ball along a large explotion to the sky.

Everyone in class was startled by his sudden scary shrieking. The numbers on Aizawa sensei's screen began to go up rapidly and then stopped.

"702 meters" we all gasped by the large difference a quirk could make and started muttering.

"Silence. Do you think this is a game? You came here to train to be future heroes, not to play. If you don't have that kind of determination your future in UA high will be difficult. In fact, the student that comes last in this test will be expelled".

Noise rapidly died down as the class soon put on worried expressions, only for it to change to grins and determined looks in a second.

You were excited. So this is what UA is made of.

Your gaze stopped on Izuku as you saw his grim expression. You were curious and wanted to ask him what was wrong.

You approached him but soon stopped when you saw that half and half boy. He had the same monotone expression as ever but you were kind of relieved when there wasn't any hint of sadness like before. You wondered if he was going through something hard.

Maybe you could let slip what happened earlier and try to make friends with him.

He saw you and glared at you with his cold eyes and left.

'I retire what I said. I hate that bastard.'

You pulled on your cheeks with your fingers and sticked out your tongue with an ugly mocking face at his back but stopped with a drop of sweat on your temple when you felt glaring eyes from your sensei.

"(L/N), Uraraka, Jirou. It's your turn for the 50 meter dash."

Ochako approached you and said energetically: "(Y/N), let's do our best"

You finished third at 8.19 seconds. Well, it was to be expected when your quirk couldn't be used to help you booster your abilities. But you still weren't worried because you trusted in your strength and endurance. You weren't going down that fast.

And as expected, you managed to do better than others at some tests. And it was fun doing this with your classmates: it was unbelievable how Ochako got infinity, Tsuyu's frog-like jumps were cute to watch, it sure was funny as hell when the hedgehog threatened to murder everything with his 'Die!', you worried over the gloomy face on Izuku.

But what caught most of your attention was Shouto. He was acing all the tests without a single drop of sweat. No wonder he entered UA High with a recommendation.

You were a little jealous of his quirk. But why was he like that when he had such a great quirk? And you recalled that look he gave you when you first met.

You put behind your thoughts when everyone shrieked in disbelief.

"Ehhhhhh????"

"What do you mean it was a lie??"

"It was to make you pull out your best performances" Aizawa sensei said mockingly.

"Come on guys, it was obvious from the beginning" you believed that was the other recommended girl, Yaoyorozu Momo.

'So the whole "expulsion" thing was a lie.'

You secretly let out a small relieved sigh. You couldn't bear to see a classmate go even if you hadn't met some of them. They all seemed quite nice.

You proceeded to read the list. You were 14th. Not so bad if you could say so. And you weren't surprised to see Shouto second.

'Shouto Todoroki. So he's number 2 hero Endeavour's son. No wonder he had such a powerful quirk. ' you thought to yourself.

Ochako then came to get you and went to Izuku.

"Izuku!! I'm so glad you weren't expelled"

"Y-yeah, me too-o"

They were a blushing mess. 'Really, did she take me there so it would be less awkward for her?' You sighed and snickered at the cute duo.

"Yeah, I'm glad too. Let's celebrate with an ice-cream after you get your finger checked!" You said nervous at the proposition. This was a new experience for you after all. But you felt all the tense leave your body as you felt Ochako thank you with her eyes.

Definitely, after all you've been through in your life, you were beginning to feel real happiness and the couple in front of you noticed as you had a big smile in your face.

'Maybe it's about time I should move on' you thought.

'It would be better for the world if you just disappeared' you flinched, but lucky for you the two in front of you didn't notice as they were still averting their eyes from embarrasment.

But you didn't know that Shouto was watching you.