34. You are my hero

No one's POV

As Iida and Midoriya did their attacks, Shouto finished Stain off with his fire, not aware of the girl that has fallen unconscious behind him. He quickly made a mountain of ice to catch Midoriya and Iida from the fall and he was prepared to attack again, until he realized that Stain wasn't moving anymore.

They all sighed in relief "We should tie him up now while we still can. (Y/-"

When he looked back, horror filled him as he saw the pale girl who was unconscious. He couldn't move in fear of finding out what could possibly be the worst case scenario: that she wasn't alive anymore.

Iida ran to her aid instead "She's alive. Her pulse is faint, but it's there. We should call the ambulance before it's too late." Shouto was relieved but he was still in a daze. "Todoroki-kun, she'll be fine. If it's too hard for you, tie Stain instead and be quick please." Shouto reacted and did as told as he needed to do something to distract himself, and Midoriya helped him. He mentally thanked them for being calm and collected in this situation, because he was a mess right now. 

Then, heroes were starting to arrive at the scene, and amongst them was one that he could identify. It was Levi, (Y/N)'s trainer for the time. "What happened here?" He asked and he was stun when he found the hero killer Stain all tied up and unconscious. "HELP! We need an ambulance fast!" Levi shot his face up to see Iida bleeding, but most importantly, (Y/N) looking dangerously pale right now. "CALL THE AMBULANCE, NOW!" He said sternly to another hero. "They'll be here soon." The hero said and Levi turned to the boys "How did this happen?" He asked and Midoriya started explaining, feeling guilty for not being stronger. Levi then clicked his tongue, regretting not stopping (Y/N) before and for not being faster.

Then Iida apologized to Shouto and Midoriya for getting all of them in danger because of him. He was feeling especially guilty since (Y/N) was gravely injured, and hbeare couldn't bear the remorse he was feeling. Shouto said "Control yourself, you're the class rep ,right?"
He needed others to be strong for him, because if not he would break down at any given moment.

Iida was startled by his calm demeanor. He expected him to lash out at him or cry, but all he saw was his devoid look. He then understood that Shouto was dying on the inside. Iida immediately got to his senses and hummed firmly, trying to be strong for him as a class president should. 

Levi then looked at Endeavour's son grim look and approached him. "Todoroki, I take it that you are (Y/N)'s boyfriend?" Shouto didn't deny it as he wasn't in the mood to reply. Levi then clicked his tongue and muttered "I swear this stupid kid... worrying all of us.." He sighed pressing his forehead with his fingers before continuing "Look, she is someone who could take on my training, and she even dared to ignore my orders when she thought you were in danger. She's a tough brat, she'll be fine." He didn't reply but he was thankful for his words.

Soon, sirens could be heard.

.

.

.

After they were all treated and bandaged up, the three young boys waited restlessly outside of (Y/N)'s room. Apparently, the surgery went well as the paramedics got there on time and she didn't lose that much blood since Shouto closed her injury before.

"You may enter now, but be aware that she-" They all dashed in as soon as they got permission to enter, not even waiting for the doctor to finish what he was saying.

But when they entered, they were shocked to see her. Her face was all covered...

In sauce.

She was practically devouring her food, and when she saw us, she just grinned at the boys innocently, as if nothing ever happened at all.

"As I was saying, she's like a ferocious monster. I don't understand how she can eat all that" They felt utterly defeated at the scene they were witnessing, but at last they laughed. (Y/N) felt embarrassed, but she laughed too nonetheless.

(Y/N)'s POV

On that moment, the door opened and revealed Gran Torino, Manual and Levi. "Tch, I see that you are already full of energy. Then I assume that you are now prepared for the consequenc-" Then, his eye ticked as he saw me "Clean your disgusting face right now." He said as I gulped down and wiped my face. If looks could kill, I would have died like ten times already.

Afterwards, the head of the police entered and presented himself. He stated that what we did back then was against the rules, and that we, along with our guardians, would be severely punished.

That is, if it was known to the public.

We all agreed to keep this incident a secret, although our guardians would still face some punishment. We then apologized to our respective's partner. "Tch, this is annoying." "I'm sorry!!" I said bowing in my bed. "Hmph, I heard that it was because of you that the kids were able to beat him. Good job brat." I was touched when he said that, after all, it's very rare to get a compliment from him. "Thank y- OWW!!" I hissed in pain when he chopped my head and I looked at him more confused than ever. "That's what you get for being reckless. When you get out of here you'll spend the rest of our training cleaning and running until you are close to death again." "Wha-? You don't do that to a delicate patient!" "Delicate my ass. You are tougher than a titan." He said huffing before turning around and leaving.

A what did he say? I hope that was a compliment. 

After we finished getting our lectures, all of the adults left. Deku and Iida aplogized to me, to which I replied that it wasn't their fault as it was my reckless behaviour what got me here. Shouto remained silent the entire time and the boys decided to give him and I a private moment. 

"I'm glad that you are fine" I said relieved to him and he looked at me not believing what I had just said. "(Y/N), you could have died." He said angrily and I shrugged it off looking to the window. "Promise me that you won't ever risk your life like that." He said and I rolled my eyes because he was being overprotective, but when my eyes landed on him I was startled: he was trembling in anger and clenching his teeth while a tear threatened to roll down his face.

I panicked at this heartbreaking scene "W-W-W-WHAT HAPPENED?! I'M SORRY I WON'T EVER DO IT AGAIN, I PROMISE! LOOK" I grabbed his hand and locked our pinkies together "I PINKY PROMISED ALRIGHT? SHOUTO??" I pleaded desperately because he wasn't reacting at all and it hurt to see him like this.

At last, he reacted to my attemps to bring him back to reality. "I'm sorry.. it's because of me... I couldn't use well both of my quirks at the same time because of my pathetic hate I had for my father all this time. If I was stronger, you wouldn't have been injured... You could have died..." I heard him say squeaking at the last part, and he broke in tears while he uselessly tried to hide them with his arm... It broke my heart seeing him like this, vulnerable like a child, blaming himself for something that wasn't his fault.

"Shouto... I'm here right now and all because you defeated him. You saved my life so don't beat yourself up because you are plenty strong to me. You are my hero." I said softly at his now crouched body on his seat, but he cried more after what I told him. I figured he needed to let it all out, so I just rubbed circles on his back... 

After some minutes, he calmed down and apologized yet again "I'm sorry, I just thought of you not being here anymore and..." He had a grim look now. "Don't. Like I said, I'm here right now and I'll always be besides you as long as you want me to." I paused for a second.

"After all... I like you..."

_________________

(A/N): Damnnnn we actually confessed. I never know what's going to happen when I write and even I am surprised (⊙_⊙)