32. Worry

"Brat, tomorrow we are going patrolling so you better prepare yourself."

I remembered Levi's words and I couldn't wait for it to become tomorrow, but at the same time I was somewhat afraid that I'd screw up. Either way, I decided to text Shouto the news.

(Y/N)

Hey!!! Guess who's going patrolling tomorrow?

Shouto
Who?

(Y/N)

ME!!!! Be proud of this one!

☆*。★゚*♪ヾ(☆ゝз・)ノ

Shouto
Congrats

(Y/N)

You could act a little bit more excited you know....

( ̄~ ̄;)

Shouto
Sorry, but I don't know how to use all those emojis

(Y/N)

Oh don't worry, I use them for fun.

You don't have to use them, a smiley face will do if you want.

And I don't really think that's the problem here;;;

Shouto
What do you mean? :-)

(Y/N)

Omg.... stop it, don't use it

Shouto
:-)?

(Y/N)

STOOOOP

Shouto
:-(

(Y/N)

THAT'S UNFAIR

Shouto
Haha, well I hope I see you tomorrow then

(Y/N)

Yeah, that'd be great!

I dropped my phone and I hid my face behind my hands while screaming inside. I swear, he's soooo socially awkward it's actually really cute?? And also, he wants to see me tomorrow too hehehehe.

...I stopped my internal squealing realizing what I was thinking about. I sighed wondering if I'll ever be able to erase these feelings I have for him. They only seem to grow stronger ever since I've noticed them, and Shouto's unusual behaviour isn't helping either...

Ahem, anyways, I better go sleep soon so I have enough rest for tomorrow.

.

.

.

Ughh.... I curse myself for reading fics till late at night again. 'Just one more chapter'. Pff, as if. My eyebags are the solid proof of that lie.

"I thought I told you to prepare yourself for today?" Levi eyed me grumpy. "Look at who's talking. Your eyebags are far worse than mine." "Brat, I have insomnia ever since I remember. This is nothing for me. Also, if I remember correctly we are going patrolling, not to a stupid costume party." I was embarrassed when he said that as I became aware of my cat ears and tail, and shrugged my shoulders fiddling with the hem of my hoodie.

They do serve a purpose, well at least the tail as it allows me to maneuver it like a spring so I can jump higher or land safely, like cats do. As for the cat ears.... Hana said it's because they were cute and that they were a must to complete the look, and told me to bear with it. I sighed, guess I'll have to get accustomed to them if I'm named after a cat...

The rest of the day was calm, with your average robber every once in a while. I have actually captured two today! But as we were capturing villains, we were nearing Hosu district and I grew anxious. There has been some news lately about the hero killer Stain, and I also know from Deku and the others that Iida's brother was almost killed by him and is now paralized...

It was almost time to call it a day but suddenly the radio on Levi's hip gave a loud siren before announcing "Villain alert! To all the heroes on Hosu district or near, please come and protect the civilians urgently!" Levi clicked his tongue and dashed to Hosu using his quirk so he could slide on the floor and go faster, forgetting about me and quickly leaving me behind. I know it's an emergency, but I hate it when he does this!

By the time I reached the area, it was a chaos. There was fire, collapsed buildings, people panicking and running everywhere and most importantly, Nomus were here. Not one, but heaps of them and of every kind!

Not too far off, there was a couple about to be crushed by one of them. I tried to send him flying away with my quirk but it was far too heavy for me, but it was enough for it to struggle though not for much longer. I quickly helped the couple get away from there but unfortunately another Nomu appeared out of nowhere in front of us. I was prepared to fight him when it suddenly got caught in flames.

Then, Endeavour appeared, and not long after, Levi did too. "Tch, brat get them away from here and you stay put in the safe zone too. It's far too dangerous for an amateur like you." I nodded but I remembered something. Shouto told me that he was going patrolling today but I didn't see him anywhete near Endeavour. I got in front of him and asked anxious "W-Wait, where's Shouto? Isn't he supposed to be with you?"

I had a bad feeling.

He glared at me with his arms crossed. "You are the one from that day, hmph." He said as he gave me his scrutinizing glare and didn't say anything more. I was losing it since he wasn't answering me and I grabbed his clothes, not minding about formalities nor the burning heat that came off from his flames. "WHERE IS HIM?" He stayed quiet for a moment as if he was judging me, until he said "He's in xX xX street."

I quickly let go and dashed to that direction, but Levi grabbed my arm stopping me. "OI!! I said it's too dangerous! And you can't use your quirk without me supervising you." "THEN COME WITH ME!" I pleaded.

After what seemed like an eternity, Levi said "Alright. But we'll go after we have gathered up enough heroes." "BUT WHAT IF WE'RE TOO LATE BY THEN?" I complained and he glared at me. "If he was in actual danger, then that's all the more reason to go prepared. We can't risk getting one more brat endangered."

What he said was coherent, but my mind didn't want to be logical at this moment. I know I'm being childish but I didn't want to lose him. I have realized that I can't supress my feelings for him anymore.

I had a plan in my mind. I silently complied to Levi's orders and got escorted by him to a safe zone, but he got suspicious at my sudden change of behaviour. At the moment I should act as normal as possible so that he'd ignore me. And then, the perfect opportunity came: a group of kids were cornered by two Nomus and Levi made a giant solidified wall made from his quirk in between them before one of the Nomus could kill any of them. As he dashed to protect them and began fighting them skillfully, I used the chance to get away as quickly as I could. I felt bad for using them to get away but I knew they'd be fine with Levi protecting them.

"OIII!!" "I'M SORRY!" I said disappearing into a corner.

Shouto... please, be alright.