Chapter 15 : 'Hiding from who?'

"Where did he go?" Casey whispered at the back of Layla.

"Tell me again, why are you hiding from him?" Layla wanted to turn around but Casey stopped her by holding on her shoulder.

"I just don't want to meet him." Lies.

"He's not here anymore, let's go." Casey raised her head and peeked from Layla's left shoulder to make sure that he's really not there.

"You do realize that we have the same class with him right." Casey groaned while stomping her leg. She completely forgot about that.

"I'll back you up. Don't worry." Layla said before grabbing her arm to start walking with her.

She don't know why she's acting this way since what happened yesterday with him. She hate it. She hate how she's reacting to what Hunter did to her.

Just by seeing his face make her remember what they did yesterday. Yes, he did kissed her before but she didn't even react weirdly the next day like how she was today.

They walked to the class with Casey who seemed to be controlled with a mixed emotion.

"I think I'm going sick." Casey mumbled lowly.

"Ohh, shut up." Layla laughed but not stopping from making Casey to follow her every pace to their class.

When Casey eyes spotted the class, the strange feelings getting out of control. Her head is full of thoughts that she don't even understand.

"Yeah, I'm sick." Casey said a little too loud which make some students looked at her and asked if she's okay. Casey could only replied with a fake smile while nodding a 'yes'.

"Don't worry about her, she's being dramatic." Layla said to the students which is their friends too getting a laughs from them all.

"We're here." Layla somehow sound like she's teasing which make Casey to glared at her.

"Relax." Layla said in between her laugh.

"Hi, you two." Little by little a friends of them greeted the two of them as they walked to their chair.

"Hi." Layla is the who replied for the both of them.

Casey wouldn't dare to look at the silent figure sitting at the corner of the class, who's watching their every movement.

They went to sit on their chair and as a way of forgetting about the event that happened between Hunter and her, she talked with her friends who sit nearby her table.

....

During lunch, Casey tried to avoid looking at Hunter who was only a few centimeters away from her table.

"Why are you hiding from him, it's not like he always talk to you." Layla looking at her suspiciously.

She don't know that's why she can say that way.

"She's hiding from who?" Max out of nowhere asked.

Layla just shrugged at that question because she doesn't want him to cause a scene.

"It's nothing. Layla is just joking." Casey lied not looking at Max who was also looking at her suspiciously.

Max took a seat next to Casey before he completely turned his head to stared at Casey.

"You're hiding from who?"

"I'm not hiding from anyone, Max." Casey didn't look at Max acting like the food got all her attention.

Max stared at her one more time before eating his food.

"You went home early yesterday."

"Yes, Max."

"You said to me that we should go home together, what change your mind? You didn't even tell me."

"I took her home, Max. We went to grab some food." Max raised his head to looked at Layla who was also looking at him. Casey looked at Max when he suddenly being silent and saw how hard he was staring at Layla.

"Yeah, I went home with Layla yesterday. I forgot to message you about it." Casey said which make Max to look at her with his hard stares.

"I'm finished. I'm going to somewhere." Max raised from his seat and took his lunch to the dustbin before walking out of the cafeteria.

"What's wrong with him?"

Layla just shrugged before saying "Something happened maybe. I don't know.". She shrugged again while eating her food.

"Hey you two. Don't forget about the party." Hillary both arms laid on Layla's and Casey's shoulder while standing in between the two of them.

"I won't." Casey said while laughing.

"Great. You, Layla?" She asked as she stared at Layla.

"You know I love to party." The three of them laughed. It's true. Layla always got invited to any parties especially from other school and Casey always became the victim to be Layla designated driver.

It is such a blessing to have Max carried Layla to the car everytime Layla passed out.

Perks of having a friend that loves to party. It's not like she's complaining even when Layla started to babbling how greatful she is to have a friend that can look after her.

...................................................................

I'm really sorry for the late update. It's just that I have been really busy helping my dad at home.😭

Thank you so much to all of you for helping me reach 800++.❤️❤️😭

I love you guys so much!!!!

And I'm sorry for the grammar errors.😭