Chapter 19 : "Melting Chocolate Ready To Be Lick"

"He asked for a chance that I, myself wouldn't even give myself a chance to love someone." Casey said with a low voice so that only her and Layla can hear.

"Plus, spending time with him means there's gonna be a fight between Max and him. At the end, I will lose either one of them." Casey didn't want to mention Hunter's name.

"I'm confused and scared at the same time, Layla." Layla stared at her with a concerned look before she hugged her in a tight hug.

"Just tell me if you're having this kind of situation again in the future. I will always help you." She tightens her hug before letting Casey go.

"You don't have to choose between the two of them. If they wanted to stay in your life, they wouldn't make your life complicated. If either one of them walk away, it's their lost not you. You still have me."

"I know. It's just that, if I give him a chance because... I don't know, the way he confessed it feels like he truly love me and if I give him a chance, what happen to Max. He's our best friend." The hatred between Max and Hunter is not something that can be fix in a few days, months or years.

"You forgot the part that he's one of our best friend because he have a huge crush on you. If he couldn't get you then any guys in this school too would not get that chance." Casey sighed because what Layla just said is true but she really enjoyed having Max as her best friend.

"But I know you love him so much to end your friendship." Layla left hand pulled her in for a side hug.

Students started to fill the classroom because in a few seconds the class will start. Layla and Casey got in early because she wanted to talk about the problem she was having but of course there is a few students too that came in early.

Casey took out her book to get ready for the class when she feel someone stare on her. She looked up only to find Hunter was already looking at her.

The only thing that make her look away is when Hunter smiled at her.

I swear to God. That smile looked really sincere and sweet from him.

When Casey looked back to the front class, she got shocked at Layla face really near to her face. She moved to the back a little feeling shocked with her left hand hold her chest.

"What the hell Layla!" Casey rolled her eyes when Layla playfully teasing her with her eyebrows. Layla knows what just happened.

"You're blushing." Layla whispered enjoying teasing Casey. She laughed when Casey hold her both cheeks.

"I'm not."

"You are." Casey shyly laughed while she shook her head no.

"I'm not. Stop it Layla." She was about to look away when Layla called her.

"Hey, Casey. Look at me."

"What?" Casey looked at Layla.

Out of her control, Casey laughed as she looked away real fast when Layla still teasing her with her eyebrows raised playfully. Layla just wouldn't want to stop teasing her.

"Good morning class." Their teacher entered the class. She passed notes to everyone before explaining them about the topic they're going to learn.

"I can see something." Layla sing playfully.

"There's nothing." She said as she wrote what the teacher just told them to write. Truthfully she got scared everytime Layla said ' I can see something." because it always turned out right.

"If its help you sleep at night then keep saying that." She winked as she focused what the teacher said.

"Okay class, I want you to get into 4 groups with any of your friends that you're comfortable with and start discuss what I just taught you. 15 minutes to discuss and after that I will  start from group 1 to listen what you understand about the topic we learn for today. "

"I will help you if you don't understand during that group discussion." Mdm. Violet have always been a good teacher to them. The best history teacher the school ever had. Its the reason why almost all the students passed history subject.

"First group, Rozie. Second, Daniel. Third, Casey and fourth Emmanuel."

Students start walking to the group that they comfortable with when a very familiar voice fake coughed behind Layla and Casey.

"Can I join you guys?" He asked but his eyes stayed on Casey.

"S-sure." Casey stuttered.

Layla eyes watched him sat next to Casey. He put his notes on the table where in their school their table is the square one and is connected with another table.

They all settled in their group and start discussing.

"Ohh I loves this awkward situation. Don't you guys look cute." Casey glared at Layla as she slapped her hand because of not wanting Hunter to hear what Layla have just said.

"So where do we start?" Hunter asked catching everyone's eyes especially the girls which he could be the reason they joined her group.

"Uhmm, I think every one person should take 2 points where you need to explain according to your understanding. I'll be the first one to explain." They all nodded before Casey started explaining her points before moving to Layla who was sitting on her right, then the one sitting next to Layla and Hunter ended the discussion. There were 8 of them in their group.

"Yes, stare him like he's a melting chocolate ready to be lick." Casey eyes widen when Hunter stopped explaining for awhile but he didn't look at the two of them.

He totally heard what Layla just said and it was not only him that heard what Layla just said when she saw two girls glared at her.

Casey slowly turned to look at Layla who seems to be not feeling guilty as she smiled widely at her.

Their class discussion ended on time when the bells ring.

"Okay class, remember to keep that note. Put it inside the history file of yours. Thank you, class." They all thanked the teacher before they walked out of the class.

Casey stopped walking when she feels a hand hold her right hand for a few seconds before letting it go. She looked at her right side only to find that it was Hunter. He looked at her before walking away.

Casey turned to look at Layla but realized that she didn't see what just happened. She checked her hand carefully and saw that there was a crumpled tiny paper on her hand.

She slowly opened it while her eyes glancing every seconds on Layla to make sure she don't know about it.

I love you, Clumsy.

Her lips slowly turned into a small smile as she was trying hard not to show her true emotions.

"I'm sorry but I saw everything. What he just did is kinda cuuuuteee." Casey slapped Layla's arm when she got shocked to Layla admitting that she saw everything.

"Shut up." Layla laughed while Casey blushed hard.

___________________________________

I'm really sorry for the late update. I've been really busy and I was having a writer's block for a long month.

Thank you so much for your support😭❤️

Edited : 18/July (00:38A.M)