GYM Sport Report

In the unit of Soccer at Seven Valleys New Tech Academy, the ninth grade class had a series of soccer games. The games were split up in one and twos, to decide the teams. The scores of the games have been relatively fair, the largest difference being 4-0. In an interview, Marissa stated that the teams were often unfair due to the students lining up every other to be on the same team. Making it difficult for the students to compete. The best players consist of Mitch, Josh, Heather, Brady, Evie, McKenly, and Matthew. There are often a large group of these students, who group up, to have a better chance at winning. This affects the balance of the game, and turns the favor into the other team's hands, and the last resource often turn the goalie. However, there some days when the other team may win, or keep the scores around, or at a tie. The solution of the problem, Marissa says; is to not have a majority of the athletic people on one team, and the majority of the less athletic team on the other. Josh stated, however, that if the teams were changed, there would make no real difference, as the last resource of the game, depends on how the goalie blocks. Later on, the teams began to do warm-ups before the games, and this can often tire students out, even though they are stretching; stated by Marissa. For the majority of the time, the teams are fairly equal in the outcome, even though some of the players wear steel toe boots, and/or play soccer, causing them to hit harder. This is because of the Goalies, states Marissa. As a final question, I asked both Marissa and Josh if an actual audience was watching (other than the teacher and classmates), if they would like the games. Josh stated that the game would probably be extremely boring to them because of all the out of bounds, or missed goals, in which would cause all the kick, and throw-ins, that drag the games. Marissa agrees with this, as she said the audience would probably fall asleep because the games are so long, and often tie. As for my own speculations, I agree with Marissa that the teams are often slightly unfair. However, this can be changed by not going every other, and putting them on different teams. The outcomes of the games, in my opinion, are that the games drag on, but can be interesting at times, but almost always end up in ties, or close games. I also think that an audience would not like to watch us, as for this reason.