WattPad: Time to Engage: Assassin

As a journalist, it was my job to capture everything. All the details, and then pull out what was needed for my article. Whether it as a piece of drama or a report. However, today is not what I had in mind.

Gunshots rang in the large press room when the lights flickered out. Screams filled the hair, and people rushed around pushing and shoving in hopes to escape, but I just stood there, mortified. I was staring at my camera screen; a man firing a gun at the local governor candidate. My flash must have gone off. Dread filled my gut and my stomach curled into knots. He was walking towards me, reloading his M1911. Glad there was a strap around my camera to keep the evidence safe, I rushed into the large crowd of people.

I was the next victim. Tears filled my eyes as I screamed for people to move. I pushed away a child too, I felt bad, but it was my life on the line, not hers! Reaching the doors I broke into a sprint. I could hear sirens in the distance, but unless I kept running, I would most certainly be dead before they reached us. I was a goner.

Bullets flew around the hair, loud bangs echoing across the walls of the buildings. My heart lurched into my throat, and I wanted to puke, but I kept on running, ears thundering more and more intensely, migraine forming.

People were still running in a panic trying to get away from us in the crowded city streets. Men protecting their wives, and women protecting children. Cars were honking trying to move away from the scene, and reach safety. I looked around, wondering if I should continue running to the police station, or my apartment, not more than a hundred feet away.

Suddenly the door to the tall building, swung open to see a man wearing old military garbs and holding another gun. I knew this person, my boyfriend, and Honorably discharged marine, Judah. I looked at him and screamed. "Help! Someone get the police over here! Please!"

More screams echoed throughout as Judah started shooting at the man chasing me. I felt relieved I was under his protection, and also that he was a great shot. No one would get hurt. It was extremely unlikely.

The sounds of his gunshots almost crippled me and I rushed towards him while screaming for people to lead the cops over. "Go inside, I'll be fine," Judah said, concentrating his eyesight through the scope of his shotgun. I whimpered slightly, unable to muster anything else from the mixture of Nausea, pain, and fear.

Finally, as I made it up, a blood-curling scream sounded. Judah had shot him, and a police car had just pulled up. Suddenly, pain swelled through my body, and I saw blood. He must have shot me at some point before I went inside. The last thing before darkness I heard was my name frantically being called by Judah.