- Be My Warmth -

Pairing : Namseok

Genre : fluff / angst

Summary :

How did Namjoon figure out that his ray of sunshine was Hoseok? He knew it from the day they met.

__________

"Congratulations! You are now officially a part of this company!"

He blinked. A drop of tear managed to escape. Then, another. And then he smiled.

Is this real?

"Welcome to BigHit Entertainment, Kim Namjoon."

__________

Namjoon was breathless by the time he reached the top of the stairs. With a massive luggage in his right hand, he wiped off the sweat that drenched his face using his left. How flushed he was so early in the morning.

He dug into the shallow pockets of his jacket, and fished out a single key. It took him awhile to fumble with the lock, Namjoon had a hard time keeping his bags from slipping his grasp.

Then, he heard a click. The knob being turned from the other side, Namjoon flinched away in confusion when the door opened.

His gaze was met with a young man; almost his height, pale and clad in loose clothing, probably his pyjamas. Namjoon tried to search his eyes under the thick bangs of his black hair, it covered a large part of his face. But the boy seemed to distance their eyes from locking, insisting to keep his gaze to the ground.

"Umm, hello. Are you one of the members?" Namjoon began with a smile. He extended a hand and instantly his smile grew bigger when the other took his greeting. The warmth of the stranger's engulfed his palm, Namjoon enjoyed the sensation a little too much; he tightened his grasp.

"Yes. My name is Jung Hoseok."

"I'm Kim Namjoon."

Hoseok stepped back allowing Namjoon to come in with his luggages trailing behind. Even after offering some help, Namjoon declined as he struggles to carry them alone, clearly with distress.

Hoseok let out a small chuckle, "There's no need to be so polite. We're going to hang out together for a while, you know?"

A white box almost slipped from Namjoon's arms, Hoseok grabbed it into his own. Namjoon was thankful for that, at least.

"Where do we sleep?"

"There's only one bedroom but they got us bunkbeds. Are you a top or a bottom?" Hoseok steered his way to the seemingly cramped room, not fully occupied yet.

If Namjoon was drinking water, he would've choked by now. Regardless, he still choked on air at the question. "Huh?"

In a matter of seconds, the pale complexion of Hoseok's face grew red. Hands flailing around as he let out mumbling words, "Oh shit, no! I-I didn't- it's not like that! The bed, the bed!"

The red tint so obvious on his cheeks, Namjoon couldn't help but laugh at Hoseok. "Well, yeah, I know that. It's just that I was a bit surprised by your question." The pink hue in Namjoon's own skin subdued to its normal state, along with his grin.

"I feel like I'm going to enjoy having you around, Jung Hoseok."

"Let's hope, Kim Namjoon."

A set of giggles filled the room. Faces were flushed to the core.

It was the most fun Namjoon's had all day.

All the laughing was making his anxiety wash away, Namjoon had forgotten how nervous he was on the way to the dorm.

His mother gave him a last hug before he boarded the train, aftertaste of the warming embrace still lingered, providing the heat he needed to go through his path. Though, deep down, Namjoon admits it wasn't enough. His body was still shivering, so was his mind. The frightening idea of carving out his own life made him nauseous.

But, why does it seem that with Hoseok he could make it? He barely knew the other, hell, Namjoon still had his guard up with Hoseok around even after a week of living together.

But the way how Hoseok was always cleaning up after his messes, nagging at his bad habits and just being with him in general made Namjoon feel a lot less colder.

There's no given scientific fact for it, none that Namjoon ever heard of, but Hoseok became the beacon he needs for his path. It was stupid, he realized that, but Namjoon also began to see how important Hoseok is to his own wellbeing.

They were only children when they first started together.

Young. Dumb. Not entirely free.

Throughout the years, all of them had come to understand how much they needed each other.

How incomplete they were without another holding their hands.

Looking back, Namjoon was never more grateful to be Hoseok's first friend and Hoseok, himself was never happier to see Namjoon now, in this moment.

The pandemonium was wild. Every cheer resonated through their ears, sounding like booming fireworks. A massive wave of lights filled the dark night. The deafening atmosphere could burst his heart.

Namjoon held back tears, biling his feelings under his smile.

How beautiful it was. To see people looking up to him now. To love him now. It took all Namjoon had to refrain himself from collapsing, just the thought if standing on the stage itself made him question sanity.

Is this real? Am I dreaming?

He was pulled back to reality when a firm grip filled his fingers. Namjoon fluttered his eyes, leveling his gaze to Hoseok's. They were shining, the pair of eyes, like stars. Glassy, like crystal beads. Traces of tears stained his cheeks. Though Hoseok had the most prettiest smile on his face.

"Namjoon-ah, we did it."

__________

Oops this is lame

What even is the title

Im lowkey emo right now

Please me give some ideas because as of now I won't be able to plot due to my exams.

It would be a big help if you do thanks

Ily babes