Chapter 24 Goin Home To Tennessee (Maries POV)

Chapter 24 Going Home to Tennessee (Marie's POV)

A look from an old sheriff and my gut feeling were all the proof I had, but Jamie believed me. He convinced me we needed to go back to Bolton. He said his brother doesn't live far from him. If we were at his house we would be right down the road when he got the call. We were out of there and on the highway in less than an hour.
Jamie called his brother Brandon and asked him to double check the kids were still in the missing person's database. Of course Brandon thought it was a weird request, they already had proof. So why wouldn't they be.
I had no idea but I learned a long time ago to trust the feeling in my gut. One hour before they reached the Tennessee border Jamie's phone started to ring. Brandon started before either of them could say hi.
"You were right Bree and Alex Long were both taken off the Missing Persons Database exactly 24 hours after they were put on. It says both request came from the FreeState Police Department. I'm waiting on my guy to get back with me now with an employee id number. When we figure out who is helping him out at the police station the sooner we find Dewayne."
"It has to be Denton. He's never liked me and Dewayne and him have always been close." Jamie grabbed my hand and gave it a squeeze.
"You might be right Marie. I'll let y'all know more when I can."
"Thanks Brandon. We will be at my house in an hour just come by if you hear anything." When Jamie cut the call I gave his hand another squeeze. He brought our joint hands up to his mouth leaving a kiss on the back of my hand.
"Don't worry baby we'll find'em. I know this isn't exactly how we imagined, but are you excited to see your future home?"
How many times I'd dreamed of being carried over the threshold of his home, and never leaving. Now that it was happing I couldn't put my excitement into words. I turned to him thankful for the distraction and gave him a smile. "I can't wait to see what you've done with the place. It was an old farm house, right? And you restored it?"
"Yeah baby, I did. The old farmhouse was abandoned for years. I would ride by it every day when I was growing up and imagined what the place looked like all fixed up. As soon as I had enough I paid cash for the house and the 15 acres it sat on. I spent the next 2 years redoing everything myself. It's my pride and joy. The place I imagine I'd raise my family someday. There's even a room for Bree and Alex we can decorate them however you want. I want the new place to remind them of nothing but good times. That goes for you as well, if you want to change anything just let me know. This is your home now too. You deserve it and so much more."
I scooted into the middle of the bench seat and rested my head against Jamie's shoulder. I wrapped my arms around his arm and gave him a side cuddle. The things this man says to me are like nothing I've heard before.
An hour later Jamie turned down a driveway. On each side Spanish moss grew along the edge shading the path to the house. The white and navy blue farmhouse with a full wrap around porch was set at the end of the tree line in the middle of a big field. The porch swing was gently swaying in the breeze. The flowers along the steps were in full bloom.
The beauty of the house made me gasp. He house was like something from my dreams.
"You like it baby?" Jamie had that cocky grin on full display.
"This can't be the right place Jamie. Where are we?" I was still looking around in awe as Jamie put the truck in park right in front of the front steps. Jamie hooked his finger under my chin bring my face back around to look at him. He grabbed my hand that had fallen between us and brought it to his lips playing a scorching kiss to my skin.
"This is home sweet home sweetheart. Now come on I wanna show you the inside." Jamie opened the driver door and jumped out quickly. He reached in the truck and grabbed me by the hips pulling me out the door and to his chest. Before I could open my mouth to protest Jamie swing me in his arms bridal style and started walking toward the house.
As Jamie made his way across the yard to the steps I started to kick my legs hoping he'd get the hint and put me down. Stubborn man. "Put me down Jamie I can walk."
Jamie reached down and gave me a searing kiss but didn't loosen his grip on me. "Marie Long I know you can do anything you set your mind to, but ever since I was a little boy I've dreamed of carrying the woman I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with up these stairs and into our home. You are the woman I'm meant to spend eternity with, and my inner hold is jumping for joy because his childhood fantasy is coming true. So, please, give this little boy his wish without a fuss, please sweetheart."
Tears of happiness rimmed my eyes trying to work their way free. Where did this man even come from, and how am I the lucky person that gets his love for eternity. I didn't say anything and didn't fight him anymore. Instead I pulled myself up Jamie's chest flatting my body against his. I gave him all my feelings in a kiss of pure desire.
Jamie made a growl in the back of his throat before taking the steps two at a time. When we finally made it thru the front door neither one of us made it past there. Against the front door was the first place christened in our new house.

***************************************

I feel so bad for making Marie go through this! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. Poor baby, bless your heart!
Till then
Callie

© 2018 Copyright by Callie Sumner. All rights reserved.