Chapter 25 43 Days Missing (Maries POV)

Chapter 25 43 Days Missing (Marie's POV)

              I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do anymore. The week after we made it to Jamie's things almost seemed normal. Jamie showed me all around the house and the dark as he called it.
       We decorated Bree's bedroom with a purple color for her walls and a floral bedspread. Alex had a Cars mural on one of his walls with a race car bed. Jamie said he had to have it that way he doesn't have to slow down even in his sleep.
       He took me around Bolton and showed me some of the houses his company had remodeled. He even took me to some of the projects his company was currently working on.
       When Labor Day Weekend came I shit myself in Alex's room balled in the fetal position under his new car comforter. This is his first birthday in 7 years that I missed. Jamie tried to get me to come out the first day, but I guess my dead stare gave him a hint of how I was feeling and he left me alone after that. The morning after Alex's birthday I got out of his bed, fixed it just like before I came in, and shut the door.
       I haven't went back in there since. On the 5th Jamie took me to downtown Memphis to meet his brother Brandon. He meet us at a little cafe off Beale St for lunch. The number of the person who could be helping Dewayne came back belonging to Officer Denton.
       Brandon and his team were going through all of Denton's records trying to find something leading back to Dewayne. So far they hadn't had any luck, but Brandon keeps saying give it time.
       Jamie, god knew what he was doing when he put Jamie in my life when he did. I know I scared him with the way I was acting on Alex's birthday, but he has been my solid rock the whole time.
       After we left the lunch with Brandon, Jamie took me to feed the ducks at the Peabody Hotel and a walk along the river front. Every day since Jamie has taken me somewhere special to him, and we just walk around for hours.
      Sometimes we walk in quiet, enjoying being in each other's company. Most of the time we tell each other our hopes and fears, our secrets and dreams. I never had a person I was in a relationship with care to know anything like that from me, or that person want to share that much of themselves with me. Our walks have become my favorite part of my day.
     When I woke up this morning I already had 3 missed calls from Shay. I know why she's calling, and I'm not calling her back.
     It's my birthday tomorrow. The big 3-0. The first year we were going to go out and paint the town red together. Celebrate me reaching my goal of getting away from Dewayne and making a better life for Bree and Alex. But how can I celebrate without them?
     Thankfully Jamie doesn't know my actual birthday. I've only told him it was in September so I can play the next day as any other. When I walked into the kitchen there was a note on the bar from Jamie.
     'Morning baby, had to run into town to take care of a problem on the Johnson site. I won't be home till around 4. Be ready though. Wear jeans and a light jacket. I got something extra special I wanna show you tonight. Love you, Jamie P.S. I took a picture of you this morning. Your hair was spread over my pillow while your nose was buried in my side of the blanket. Thanks for the new background.'
     My cheeks flamed in embarrassment. I hope all he got was my face! The man wouldn't let me put any clothes back on after he stripped me out of them last night. I made myself busy for a few hours cleaning the spotless house.
    When I couldn't find anything else to do I opened one of my favorite books on my phone and tried to get lost in someone else's world for a little while. At 3 o'clock I got up and started getting ready to meet Jamie. I took a shower and blow dried my hair. I put on some powder and mascara. I hated wearing makeup and Jamie always told me how beautiful I looked without it, so I kept it simple.
     My phone started ringing on the nightstand by the bed. I ran from the en-suit bathroom to pick it up before it stopped. "Hello?"
    "Boo, I know you saw where I done called you 4 times today, and you ain't called me back yet. I know you ain't trying to avoid me right?"
    "No Boo I..."
    "Good cause if you were doing that I'd have to come to the sticks to homeboys mini mansion he's got you hiding away in and make myself be unavoidable. You got me?"
     I couldn't help the giggles at her threat. "Homeboy? I thought you liked Jamie?"
     "I do. Hell who you think been giving me updates on how my best friend been doing. It sure ain't been said friend that's for sure! We both thought I was gone have to come out there and pull you out of Alex's room. White boy was goin a lil nuts."
      "Wait, you been talking to Jamie?"
      "Everyday."
      "Since when?"
      "Since I gave him my number when I left FreeState. He said he was going to take care of my sister and I had to make sure he was doing his job."
       The love I feel for those two humans never ceases to grow. "You know I love you right. I'm sorry for not calling you sooner. Alex's birthday was rough, but I'm doing a lot better now. That's why I'm not going to say anything about tomorrow where nothing like that can happen again. It's just another Friday."
     "No it's not. It's your 30th birthday. I know it's not exactly how we said everything would go, but you still have a lot to celebrate Boo."
      I didn't notice anyone behind me till I feel a kiss on the sweet spot of my neck. I turn around and Jamie is leaning against the door in jeans and a deep blue button up. He looks good enough to eat.
     Shays voice takes a backseat when Jamie places his lips back on my neck. I sucked in a breath at the flash of heat right as it reaches my core. My rapidly fogging brain registers Shays voice still talking in my ear. "Boo, I gotta go. I'll call you about tomorrow."
     I toss the phone on the bed giving Jamie full access to wherever he wants to go. One of his hands tangled in the back of my hair while the other reaches to the top of my V-neck shirt and palms my breast. He rubs the pad of his finger over my nipple till the little nub is hard as a rock.
     Jamie works his lips up to my ear before pulling the lobe between his teeth with each flick of his fingers and tongue my panties receive another drop of my cream. My hips are moving nonstop trying to relieve the ache he started with just a simple kiss.
     Jamie took the hand that was in my hard trailing it down my body till he got to the button on my pants. With just a flick of his wrist Jamie stuck his fingers in my panties searching for my clit. He took his fingers and outlined the sensitive nub before moving his fingers in a circular rhythm I couldn't keep up with.
     I couldn't stop the wanton moan from leaving my lips. I was leaning against Jamie's chest while my hips tried to follow his maddening strokes. Within seconds I was coming apart in Jamie's skilled hands.
    When he was satisfied with his work he kissed me long and slow. When I couldn't breathe I pulled away and gazed in his eyes. "Hey baby." Smirking like the cat that stole the canary he kept his fingers drawing lazy circles around my clit.
    "I love your Hellos." I'm sure the stupid grin on my face matched the one he was giving me at the moment.
     "I'm glad. That's the first of many to come tonight. So get cleaned up and let's go. I can't wait for you to see where were going." Jamie removed his hand and licked his fingers clean.

***************************************

At least it's sweet Jamie's keeping Marie's mind off of everything the best he can. Just wait till you see what he does next! Swoon!!
Till then,
Callie

© 2018 Copyright by Callie Sumner. All rights reserved.