Chapter 32 Out For Blood (Jamies POV)

Chapter 32 Out For Blood (Jamie's POV)

I knew as soon as Marie heard Dewayne's voice she'd forget everything Brandon said. All these months of searching for the sorry piece of shit were about to end. As long as Marie didn't mess it up. I went to whisper a word of patience to her, but stopped short at the sight of the kids on the ground.
Dewayne had the kids tied to a stump delivering his brand of acceptable discipline. My blood started to boil with a feeling I'd never felt before. Rage overtook me with a laser focus on the man that was my target. The words Dewayne screamed at the kids didn't even register in my mind before I sprinted out of the woods straight toward Dewayne's back.
I tackled him to the ground before his arm could finish swinging his belt. It felt like I ran into a brick wall. I landed on his back and quickly dug the hills of my boots into his sides and wrapped my arms around his throat.
With as many MMA fights as I'd seen it should be easy to chock Dewayne out. I tightened my hold just to be sure. Dewayne didn't stay down for long though. Dewayne staggered to his feet with me still on his back.
He used one hand to loosen my arms around his neck and the other to hold his balance while he got his footing. Once he was steady he grabbed my ankles and squeezed as hard as he could.
I dropped my left leg back to the ground fast but never let go off Dewayne's neck. His face was directly in the sunlight blinding him. He dropped my right ankle and grabbed my wrist. Fire instantly shot up my arm as he crushed the bones in my wrist started grinding together. I loosen my hold slightly. When he made the move to take my arm and pry them open I kicked him in the ass as hard as I could making him fall forward.
Dewayne was a good 350 lbs. and looked like he hadn't seen the inside of a gym since high school, but the man was quick on his feet. Instead of falling to his knees like I'd hoped Dewayne stuck two fingers in the ground and used his momentum to swing himself around facing me.
For the first time he saw who was attacking him. The snide smile on his face once it clicked who I was made me want to taste his blood.
"I'll be damned, how'd you find us Boy? It must be my lucky day. Lord knows I've been praying to whoop yo ass and now your here."
"That's right, I'm here to get our kids and if I get to show you the same kindness you showed Marie and the kids over the years then that's just a bonus to me." My rage was boiling under a calm face.
My fists were clenched at my side while I started at Dewayne waiting for him to make the first move. Everything else around me was just a blur my eyes laser focused on him.
Dewayne gave a bark of laughter at my comment then lunges forward. I managed to step to the left, but still delivered a right hook to his cheek. He swung back around and the fist went flying. I blocked his punches aimed at my ribs but a few managed to hit their mark.
Dewayne had blood coming from a cut above his right eye and cheek when he decided to try something different. I swung for his face trying to make the gash on his face bigger when he sidestepped and caught me fist. He used my forward motion to swing me around him were the anchor of the chain holding the kids to the stump was sticking out of the ground. I tripped and went down hard.
Dewayne repaid the favor and jumped on my back. The dirty bastard sucker punched me in the back of the head as he landed. I started using my legs to jump up and try to buck him off my back. After the third try I was finally able to roll onto my back with Dewayne still half on me.
My only focus since now had been Dewayne. I had no idea how long we had been fighting, or where anyone else was. As soon as I saw what he was about to do to Bree and Alex I just reacted. Waiting be damned. Now looking up into the psychotic eyes who wanted to slit my throat I wished they were here to help.
Dewayne put both of his hands around my neck and started to squeeze. Panic mode set in and I started to use every trick I knew to get him off me. I grabbed his thumbs and dug my fingers into the tendon trying to loosen his hold, while kicking my legs like crazy.
He loosened his grip on my throat slightly, but it was enough for me to get a quick breath of air. I started kicking even harder as black spots started to enter my vision. Dewayne's face becoming more crazed by the second as he realized he almost had me. My throat and lungs on fire.
I tried to turn my head around to see if I could spot Marie, but Dewayne just tightened his hold again. I feel myself out to pass out. I look up at the spot of sun and send a quick prayer. 'Please God, make sure Marie and the kids get out of here safe.' I close my eyes and mouth the word 'Amen'. Peace fills me and I knew I was ready for whatever happened next.
Suddenly Dewayne lost his grip on my neck and went flying to the side. Brandon standing over him instantly. Brandon reached down and pulled Dewayne's hands behind his back putting his wrist in cuffs. He had the right one in place working on the left when Dewayne moved from under him.
With Brandon still reaching for the cuffs Dewayne punched him in the face. Brandon didn't lose his grip on the cuffs. I stood up to go and help my brother. Brandon and Dewayne are the same height but Dewayne has a good 100 lbs. on him.
Brandon gave it his all trying some fancy leg kicks and sweeps trying g to take Dewayne back down. The spots finally cleared from my eyes and I went closer to the pair. As I reach them Dewayne used one of Brandon's moves against him and took him down to the ground.
I sucked up a big breath of air and bent down getting ready to tackle Dewayne if Brandon didn't get up soon. I shook the dizziness away one last time and watched the two men waiting for Brandon to make his move away from Dewayne.
It didn't matter though. Elizabeth came out of nowhere jumping on Dewayne's shoulders wrapping her legs around his neck. She swung herself down and around his side making his head and upper body follow her downward path. She unwrapped her legs and rolled away from him as he landed with a hard thud knocking him out cold. My mouth drop to the ground in amazement. Brandon gave her a look of distaste. "Show off."
"Awe did I mess up the little boys fun? Sorry y'all were taking too long, and I only brought one can of bug spray, so you're welcome." Elizabeth said explaining her actions.
Brandon got up and dusted his ass off. Then he pulled the sleeping Dewayne over and finished placing the cuffs around his wrist. Bruises already forming on his face. I looked behind me to where Marie was standing before all this started but she wasn't there.
I walked around Elizabeth and Brandon who were searching Dewayne's pockets at the stump. The kids weren't there anymore either. The screen door of the shack banged shut making me turn toward it.
There on the porch stood Marie with Marie on one side and Alex on the other carrying their things from the shack. The kids had a look of shocked wonder on their face as they looked up at their mother.
Marie had them stuck to her like glue as she showered their heads with kisses. Telling them how much she loved them and were so glad we finally found them. All three crying in each other's arms.
People go their whole lives looking for that thing that finally makes them feel complete. Looking at the people standing on the porch I knew I found mine. This stubborn woman and her two kids with their hearts of gold were mine. My family.

**************************************

Beat him down Jamie!!! Give him a piece of his own medicine! Next chapter is Marie's POV.
See ya in a second.
Callie

© 2018 Copyright by Callie Sumner. All rights reserved.