rosalie.1

"Mummy must I go?" I lent on the arm of the couch my Mother was resting on.

"Rosa my darling, you must get yourself out there!"

"Ugh. You know, I may just stop coming here everyday to see you. It clearly is not enough for you and Daddy!" Mum rolled her eyes and looked up form the book she was engrossed in, tilting her reading glasses a little.

"Rosalie. Your Father wants you there, Harry wants your there and I want you there so stop being a wet lettuce and attend with us tonight. The after party event starts at eight pm sharp. See you there my love!" Wet lettuce? The cheek of my Mother!

"Ugh. Whatever I'm going home. Do you need anything else?" I turned and started plodding along the marble floor out to my car.

"Yes please." I stop. "A brand-bloody-new posture!" We laughed and I proceeded on the journey to my Jeep.

My name is Rosalie Alexandra Buckingham. I am twenty-three years young and I own a beautiful florist down St. Peter's Street in Chelsea, London. It is a pastel pink colour with gorgeous wall flowers and ivy growing seemingly from the walls. A bright lemon-yellow colour frames the door and windows. There's nothing I love more than that shop. My customers and employees and even the blooms are my only friends. Yes, this seems hard to believe as I was born into one of the most prestigious families in England. My Father, Jack Buckingham, owns most race courses in the country and my Mother, Felicity Ley, is a retired successful ballerina. All the friends I have known seem to, what's the word?Oh, yes... 'leech' off my wealth, event invitations and family title. This is why Mummy is forcing me to attend the Dad's races after party tonight, it is one of the hottest tickets of the summer and only The finest are invited to attend. She longs for my making genuine friends.

However, in this life I lead there really is no reason to complain due to my fiance and love of my life, Harold Hooper. Harry is probably my best friend as well as my fiance. Like those 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners. We have known each other all our lives and has very close ties with my family. Okay. It sounds bad but I guess this marriage had kind-of-sort-of been arranged but not really because we did come together on our own. He can be a little bad tempered and cold towards me at times but all couples fight and I know he loves me to death.

6pm. I suppose I should start getting ready for the after-party.

"Harry! I'm home." I slammed the door behind me and threw my keys into the bowl. I removed my shoes and my feet were a little sweaty so they squeaked on the marble floors of our large town-house. I wander where he is.

"Harry?" Still no response. I made my way up the grand staircase, checking my phone mindlessly on the way. Eventually I found my fiance in the en-suite bath. It was filled to the brim with bubbles and had a scent like the roses I sold in the shop.

"Hello there." I giggled at the sight I saw following his reply.

"Harry what are you doing." I replied softly, perching on the side of the bath, doing my best not to be compromised by the vast amount of bubbles.

"I'm clearly having a bath Rosalie. You can get out now."

"Okay, well, I'll be in my dressing room." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and he excepted it. He then went back to his newspaper with haste. He loves me.

It's so easy to pretend you're happy with the life you lead. So easy. I quickly picked my mood up and almost skipped down the corridor to my dressing room. I connected my phone to the house speakers and pressed shuffle. I smiled as one of my favourite songs "In the lap of the Gods" by Queen came on. My fate was truly in the lap of the gods at this moment of time. Mercury spoke to me through the song as I stared at the beautiful flowers I had arranged just today. White Lilies and peachy coloured carnations with a few buds of gypsophila. Funeral flowers and wedding flowers. I had hardly realised the meaning behind this. Well, I should just stop thinking so deeply about bloody flowers and focus on Freddie's heavenly voice who is now chanting "Love of my life." I danced around the room to various tunes, doing my hair and make up simultaneously. I decided on a graceful tight and black knee length Chanel piece I had gotten for my 21st birthday from Uncle Martin which I hadn't worn as of yet. I paired the dress with diamond-covered heels and accessorised with my diamond choker and rings to match. My hair was simple. It was tied in a low ponytail with shorter and waved pieces of hair falling to frame my face. I took one last look in the mirror feeling great about my appearance and walked downstairs while putting my diamond earrings in.

7:30pm. It takes 25 minutes to arrive at my parent's house which is the venue. Where's Harry?

"Harry! We've got to go if we're to arrive in time!" Around 3 seconds after this I hear the clip clop of his tan oxfords on the marble floors rushing downstairs. He was wearing a white shirt with a black sweatshirt and grey suit trousers. The jumper was seemingly tailored to his exact size and showed the curves of his large muscles fittingly. His hair was perfectly groomed and pushed back. He arrived downstairs as he was putting his Rolex watch on his thick wrist.

"Ready to go darling?" He asked "You look stunning by the way." I smiled and looked down as we walked out of the house and to our driver. Here we go to one of the biggest events of the year.