ben.5

I was a mess; hearing Rosalie talk about what happened fuelled all of my decision making from then on. He has not only terminated any sort of relationship with the best thing that's ever happened to him, but he has made an enemy out of me.

12:34pm. We spent the morning discussing what had happened. I was surprised she opened up about it so fast but she said "I trust you with my life and nothing will change that." I was glad she trusted me. She sat up in my super-king bed with a cup of tea I had just made her. I sat next to her, making calls, emails and making sure this Harold would receive serious consequences from what he had done.

"Yes. Ben Hardy CEO of BlueWave...right okay. What are you talking about? Of course she needs a divorce she's been fucking abused you moron!" I decided to leave the room. I was on the phone to my lawyer and I was seeing what I could do. Of course we needed to go to the police but I was afraid Harold would not get the full punishment he deserved.
"Ben, look. You need to go to the police. See what they say and give me a call after that. Okay?" I sighed.
"Okay Starkey but I swear to you she will have justice. Good day." I hung up with an annoyed huff and walked back into the room. Rosalie looked at me with tears in her big brown eyes. I got back into bed.

"You have nothing to worry about. I will take care of everything, I will forever be here to protect you and your honour. Got it?" I said in a kind but firm voice, I can not compromise my character. Rosalie just nodded in response.

"I've spoken to some of my connections" I got up and went to my dressing room "and they have all said we need to speak to the police and see what they say before we can start getting your things from your house. Obviously we now have 24/7 surveillance set up at your florist's and someone is outside your home at all times, you are welcome to stay here until everything is sorted or you can stay with your parents or friends." Silence. I assumed she was taking all the information in. I dressed myself in a tailored white shit and grey trousers with loafers and no socks. I walked out the the bedroom to find her silently crying into her hands. This must be so overwhelming for her. I cleared my throat.

"I do apologise for speaking so...CEO to you, I can't imagine what you are feeling and I should not have been so insensitive."
"That's okay I just don't understand the what I did wrong to deserve this." My hard facial expression did not change but my heart clenched at her solemn words.
"Rosalie you did nothing to deserve this. I am going to the police right now and I am going to do everything I can to dissolve your marriage." She nodded.
"So will I Mr. Hardy. Y-you should take pictures of my face and neck to show them. Obviously I can not go with you due to my clothing situation. It is what's necessary." Her eyes were still red and puffy, a singular tear running down her cheek every few seconds and nothing made me feel worse. I nodded at her suggestion and pulled out my phone. I took a photo of her neck first, the blotched purple and blue bruises being captured. She flinched as I brought my hand towards her face in order to tilt it. God. It will take her months, even years to physically trust me or anyone for that matter. I cleared my throat again.
"Sorry... I'll be back in around an hour. I hate to leave you alone but you are most welcome to use the bath or shower, there are fresh towels over the bannister and feel free to take any items of clothing from my dressing room." She nodded and buried her face back into the pillow.

As soon as I got into my car I had a bluetooth call from Monty. I started to drive to the station.
"Mont talk to me."
"Ben, I heard you were talking to Darrel Harrow again. What's happened my old friend?"
"This girl I met at Jack's party about a year ago, 23 years old in an arranged marriage with a family friend. Her new husband was just outed by the paps with pictures of drug fuelled orgies. As soon as she confronted him about it he beat her to a pulp. She ran to BlueWave and luckily I was working late."
"Christ Ben, Harold Hooper right?"
"That's right."
"I'm just not sure getting caught up with Darrel Harrow is the best idea. He's an amazing lawyer but he's tied up with a mafia."
"That's the idea my friend. I want to make him pay in ways I could never dream of." He sighed.
"Be careful, please. This guy sounds awful and i can see how you think you're doing the right thing but think of the company." Mont was right. I hadn't thought about what this could do to my company and my reputation.
"You're right. Forget everything I said about Harrow. I'm going to the police right now."
"Good man. I hope to see you soon and send my best wishes of recovery for the girl."
"Of course. Goodbye Mont." With that he was gone and I was outside the police station.

"Well, Mr. Hardy what can I do for you today?" I had the Chief of Police deal with this as he's the only man within the law I trust. We sat in his office opposite each other.
"Chief, I became aquatinted with a girl, you may know of her. Jack Buckingham's daughter?"
"Ah yes of course, Rosie?" He leaned forward on his chair, intrusively.
"Rosalie. She was recently married to a man with the name Harold Hooper who's scandal I'm sure you know of. Harrowingly, as Rosalie confronted him about the scandal...he-he beat her to a pulp." The Chief looked shocked as I presented the photographs of her inflicted injuries.
"This is an incredibly serious offence and he will be arrested immediately." I informed him of more detail and gave him Rosalie's address. He then spoke through the black box in his shirt pocket "Get 3 officers round to arrest a Mr. Harold Hooper at 23 Church Avenue KL09 DKA for GBH as domestic violence."

"I assume we can get the marriage dissolved immediately?" The chief sank a little into his chair.
"I'm afraid there is a 6 page document for a myself, Rosalie and Harold to sign concerning the safety of one of the partners in the marriage which I'm sure will be no problem to supply. It's easy enough." I sighed in relief, but still held my posture. I shook the Chief's hand and thanked him.

"The arrest is being carried out now so Rosalie can get her things in half an hour or so assuming Harold comes quietly." I nodded, thanked him again for his service, walked out of the police station and finally to my car. A feeling of relief washed over me as I had brought some kind of justice and reassurance of safety for Rosalie. She never had to worry about her safety again.