ben.4

It has been such a long day. Meetings, security breaches and stupid employees have only added to my horrid mood. I look outside to see the rain pour down, lit up like crystals in the glow of the streetlights. 9:02pm. I was the last one in the building and I decided it was time to leave. I hummed to the song playing in the lift quietly and proceeded towards to the door, locking everything up behind me. I put on my coat, opened my umbrella and made my way to the car. I stopped in my tracks. I saw a figure running towards the building. I had to squint in order to make out the features I knew all too well. Rosalie. I should have known, due to the circumstances of her husband Harold Hooper's scandal. Poor, poor girl. As she grew nearer I realised the state of her face. I ran towards her shouting-
"Rosalie?!" and we crashed together. I threw my umbrella to the side and wrapped my arms around her small figure. She was uncontrollably shaking and sobbing.

"Shhh, Shhh. It's okay." I sighed in frustration. "It's okay."

We stayed there in the rain until she calmed down a little more. "You are coming home with me." I said coldly. I was angry. Of course not at her. At Harry. I drove to my house maybe too fast. But only as a result of my hatred for her husband. I got out of the car and slammed the door shut. Rosalie's eyes were glazed over. She looked to be in a state of pure shock. Her body seemed to have shut down, almost paralysed from fear. I undid her seat belt and carried her into the mansion. I did not have any help around the house apart from a cleaner that comes once a week so we would not be disturbed. I placed her gently on the couch and sprinted up the stairs to fetch a sweatshirt and tracksuit bottoms. Both would be overtly large for someone of her size, but they are warm and dry. She is not.

"Rosalie." She didn't respond. Only stared at the floor. "Please, change out of your wet things." Then I realised she barely had anything to change out of. She had on a long sleeve black top and was only in her underwear. Her top was clearly ripped at the breast and back. I sighed and picked her up.

"I promise not to look Rosalie." I slipped the top off and replaced it with my sweatshirt. Then I struggled to remove her underwear carefully without touching anything or looking at anything at the same time. I replaced the underwear with my tracksuit bottoms and offered her a hairdryer. She just shook her head and tied her wet hair up into a floppy mess. A stunning one though. I stood as she laid on the sofa, back into a fetal position, seeming childlike and innocent. I walked to the far corner of the room and turned the lights up. Only then did I see the true extent of her injuries. Her lip was cut, bruised and still bleeding. Her eyebrow was also in this bruised and bloodied state. There were hickeys all over her neck and hand marks on her wrists. This prick deserves all that is coming to him. Seriously.

"Goodnight, Rosalie." I whispered as I pulled a blanket over her. She suddenly reached her hand to grab mine and my breath hitched.

"C-can I come with you?" She asked in hushed tones "I don't want to be alone Mr. Hardy." Mr. Hardy. Did she really think I was so heartless and cruel enough for her not to use my first name?

"Y-yes of course, of course. It was idiotic of me to think you would be fine down her alone." I scratched the back of my head then decided to carry her to my suite. She curled up in my arms like a cat and wrapped her arms around my neck. So pure, innocent and beautiful. Why would anyone want to hurt her? Surely especially not her husband. Her was supposed to be her life partner. She's only 23 and surely this has been a deterrent for her to fall in love ever again. I hope I can change that...in time. I have powerful connections within and outside the law in multiple countries. If this evil man thinks he is getting away with anything or running away anywhere; he has another thing coming to him. I will find him and I will make him pay.