Twelve

"Yes Miss Doge," Remus stopped and looked at her, cocking his head slightly

"See, you can't ignore me forever," Calliope said triumphantly, she had been chasing the man around calling his name for the past ten minutes.

"I am not attempting to ignore you, I am simply busy."

"Busy ignoring me." Calliope retorted, crossing her arms over her chest as she spoke, "do I really repulse you that much? Did you only used to put up with me for the sake of my father, and now that he's gone you wouldn't be caught dead near a half breed like me."

"You think that?" Remus' mouth had fallen into an 'O' shape at her words, "you really think that you repulse me simply because of your blood status? What a hypocrite I would be if that were true. Calliope I am keeping my distance from you because I want you to be safe, not because you disgust or repulse me."

"Why wouldn't I be safe?" Calliope asked, "it's you who would be in danger from me, not the other way around, and I can control it now!"

Remus sighed, "I think you should come to my office Calliope, we have lots to talk about."

Calliope silently congratulated herself as she followed Remus back to his office, she had gotten him to speak to her, which was more than he had done since she returned to Hogwarts.

She sat down in the chair across Remus's desk, and he shifted some piles of parchment so that they could speak over the desk.

"Calliope, you are in far more danger from me than I could ever be from you-" Remus started.

"No way," Calliope cut him off stubbornly, "have you accidentally killed someone? Have you put an entire dorm in comas? And it was all an accident. Yes, I can control it much more now, but I'm still dangerous for those around me. You really think that you're more dangerous than a banshee?" Calliope cocked her head at him.

"I'm a werewolf Calliope," Remus spouted before she could cut him off again, "I am a werewolf, which is far more unpredictable and uncontrollable than a banshee."

Remus gave her an apprehensive look as if expecting her to be horrified by this proclamation.

"So what?" Calliope asked.

"What?"

"So what, because you're a werewolf you're going to hide away from anyone who could care about you?"

"When you were young I made a promise to myself. That I would never put you in danger because of what I am. I became your godfather under that promise."

"Well, I don't care that you're a werewolf. You were my father's best friend, you're one of the closest things I have to him besides my grandfather. Werewolf or not, you're still my godfather, and that means something to me, even if it doesn't mean anything to you."

Calliope got to her feet and turned to leave. But before she could walk out she found herself being wrapped in a tight hug. It felt familiar. It felt safe.

"You are very much like your father Calliope. When he found out that I was a werewolf, his exact response was so what," Remus laughed as they broke apart from the hug.

"So you'll talk to me now then?" Calliope asked hopefully.

"Of course I'll talk to you. But one thing I will never do is put you in danger."