Twenty-Nine

"Did you just call me a messenger?" Fred asked he looked at Calliope, "he just called me a messenger!"

"Sit down and shut up," Calliope murmured, seeing the threatening look on Voldemort's face.

"But I'm already on the floor," Fred protested.

"Silence!" Voldemort hissed.

"Do as he says Fred, just tell him whatever he wants to know!" Calliope pleaded.

"So messenger, what does the banshee have to tell me?" Voldemort asked.

"Can I just start off by saying that this is very confusing for me. There are two Callies, and they're both telling me very different things, but I think I'm going to go with the see-through one and say screw you."

"Fred you can't tell Voldemort 'screw you'," Calliope said, "just tell him what he wants to know, he'll kill our families!"

"But he'll kill a whole lot more people if I tell him!" Fred countered.

"You stupid Gryffindor! Think about the consequences of your actions for once! If my grandfather dies because if you-"

Fred interrupted, "-I'm not going to tell-"

"-I have people stationed at Hogwarts who could easily take out your little sister- Ginny is it?" Said Voldemort mercilessly, "or perhaps your twin."

"Haven't you heard stories about what it was like last time?" Calliope demanded, "he tortured and killed mercilessly, please Fred just tell him what we told Dumbledore."

Fred's mind seemed to be whirring at one hundred miles an hour, for You Know Who to have threatened his family-it made him angry. But he didn't doubt the intent behind the words, he knew that Voldemort would kill them without hesitation.

"All that we told Dumbledore was that you were in Calliope's body and that she found you in Algeria with Peter Pettigrew," Fred said after a long silence.

"Nothing of my faithful servant at Hogwarts?" Voldemort demanded, "I will know if you lie boy."

"Nothing," Fred said, "we didn't know about it then."

"Hm, well it seems that you have not entirely ruined my plan then," Voldemort said thoughtfully.

After a moment or two, Voldemort got to his feet, "I will return shortly. If you attempt to escape you will be punished, I have placed many spells around this house to ensure that you do not cause me any problems. When I return I expect the banshee to tell me what my future holds."

And with the snap of the door, Voldemort was gone, leaving Fred and Calliope alone.

"What does he mean tell him what the future holds?" Fred scoffed, "you can't tell the future."

"I know that!" Calliope replied, eyeing the closed door, "he wants me to tell him if he is able to kill Harry or not because death is one thing that I can see."

"So?"

"I can see other deaths," Calliope confessed, "but the faces that fit them are murky, the future keeps shifting based on decisions that people make. I know that at least one of them will die, but I don't know which one, or when it will happen."

"So what you're trying to say is that you don't know."

"Yes, exactly. I don't know."

"Well, I can't tell him that, he'll get all angry and killy! I've heard he gets killy when he's angry," said Fred.

"Stop joking around, this is serious!" Calliope snapped, trying to fathom what they should do.

"I'm just trying to keep the mood light," Fred stuck his hands in the air, "I can't help it, it's what I do!"

Calliope ignored him and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to pull an answer to Voldemort's question out of the abyss.

"All I can see is that their final confrontation is still years off," Calliope let out a frustrated noise and sat down on one of the sofas.

"So what do I tell You Know Who to stop him going all killy killy?"

"I have no clue."