Epilogue

It took a lot of persuading, but the next morning both Fred and Calliope were able to convince Molly and Elphias to go home. Madam Pomfrey banished George, commanding him to go and get some sleep. Harry left the hospital wing with Ron and Hermione the moment that he was allowed to. This left Fred and Calliope to leave together.

They found themselves a quiet window seat, with sunlight streaming over it, and sat in silence, both looking out across the grounds.

"I can't explain how I'm feeling," Calliope said after a long time of sitting in silence, "I want to talk to my grandad about it, but I don't know what words to say."

"I know," said Fred, looking out across the grounds. He found himself struggling to look Calliope in the eyes. Even though he knew that it was not Voldemort, he couldn't help but shiver, because he was so used to seeing Voldemort staring back at him from Calliope's face. When he eventually did meet her eyes, his consciousness rested as he could see a warmth behind Calliope's brown eyes, which in the sunlight looked like pools of honey, the kind of warmth that Voldemort's gaze never contained, that gaze had always sent Fred shivering and left him with a cold feeling.

"There are still so many things that I don't understand," Calliope continued, "Like why you were the one who could see me, of all people, why you?"

"I don't know," Fred shrugged, "But what I do know is that you're stuck with me now Callie, once you've got me, there's no getting rid of me."

Calliope laughed and shoved his left shoulder playfully. A crackle of electricity seemed to surge through the two when they touched, and Calliope quickly pulled her hand back.

"What did you just do?" Fred frowned, looking down at the spot where Calliope's hand had touched him.

"I didn't do anything!" Calliope replied.

"You must've!"

"I didn't! How do I know that you didn't do something?"

"I didn't either!"

Calliope frowned, "well, if I didn't do anything and you didn't do anything, then what in Merlin's name was that?"

Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed this book!
the second instalment of Calliope's story will be titled Bonded, and you can find it on my profile, or if you follow this link:
https://www.wattpad.com/story/167224190-bonded
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx