Twenty-Three

Calliope was still at a complete loss at breakfast the next morning. She had spent the night standing beside the bed that Voldemort-Calliope was sleeping in. She wanted to be sure that Voldemort wasn't going anywhere or hurting anyone. Calliope didn't know what she would do if Voldemort did make a move to hurt someone, it wasn't like she could stop it, but she didn't want to let him out of his sight.

Calliope followed Voldemort and Natalie all the way to breakfast. The two sat down and began eating until Voldemort-Calliope was approached by Professor Sprout.

"Miss Doge," Sprout smiled at Voldemort, "was your summer good?"

"Yes," Voldemort smiled.

"Professor Dumbledore would like a word with you in his office," said Sprout.

Voldemort glanced at Natalie, "I'll be back."

Natalie nodded and smiled, "go, I'll be fine."

Voldemort began walking out of the hall. It only took Calliope a second to decide that she was going to follow Voldemort.

********

"Ah, Calliope," Dumbledore smiled as Calliope and Voldemort entered the office, "please sit."

Voldemort took a seat opposite Dumbledore.

"Now Calliope, I am curious as to where you were this summer, and why you failed to contact your grandfather to let him know that you were okay," said Dumbledore.

This was it, Calliope thought with a triumphant smile, this was where Voldemort would fail. He couldn't possibly come up with a convincing alibi as to why Calliope had not contacted Eliphias all summer.

"I was with my mother again Professor," said Voldemort-Calliope, "I was trying to make sense of some more abilities. The banshees are very anti-communications. That's why I couldn't owl anyone all summer."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows, "well if that is so then I suggest that you send a letter to Eliphias as soon as you can, he was quite worried about you and is eager to hear from you."

"Of course Professor," Voldemort smiled again.

"Well if that is all you have to confess, you may leave. I do hope that you enjoy your first NEWT lessons."

"I will Professor," said Voldemort with a smile, as he left the room.

********

Calliope had never wanted to scream more than a few hours later, as she watched Voldemort tucking into lunch at the Hufflepuff table with Natalie. Calliope wanted to get right up in Voldemort's face and scream right in his face.

Voldemort was fooling everyone, and everyone was believing everything he said. Calliope felt betrayed. It was almost as if no one knew her.

She really wanted to scream. And then it struck her. She should scream. Her screams were something unique and special, they were one of the only things that could penetrate the veil of death. Perhaps if she screamed, then someone, anyone, might hear it.

Calliope looked around the busy hall, at all of the students, happily chatting to their friends, completely unaware that Lord Voldemort was in the same room as them.

This was her last chance, her only chance to let someone know what was happening.

Calliope sucked in a breath, and for the first time in her life she screamed on purpose.

Do you think anyone will hear Calliope's scream? If yes, who do you think it will be?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx