Twenty-Six

"Did Professor Dumbledore just tell me to stay out of it, did he seriously just ask me to do nothing?" Calliope asked as she and Fred walked down the spiral staircase on the way out of Dumbledore's office.

"I think that he did," Fred frowned, "anyway, it's not like there's anything that we can do anyway."

"I suppose," Calliope shrugged, "but I guess until Professor Dumbledore can get this sorted out, we're going to be seeing quite a lot of each other."

"I think I'm growing on you!" Fred said in mock astonishment.

"No, this is a relationship of convenience, not of choice," said Calliope, "as soon as I am back in my body, I will go back to Natalie, and you can go back to whatever it is that you normally do."

"What? Other than being really popular, funny and handsome?" Fred mimed flicking hair off of his shoulders.

"Or just being really big-headed?" Calliope suggested.

"How dare you! My head is the perfect size for my body!"

********

So it happened, that Calliope and Fred were stuck together for the next few days. Calliope had not yet plucked up enough courage to go and eavesdrop on Voldemort.

She felt that it was her duty to go and discover what Voldemort was up to, based mainly off of the fact that it was her fault that he was even able to be at Hogwarts to enact whatever plan he had.

Calliope spent most of her time hovering around Fred, who did his best not to talk to her when they were around other people, who would think this was just Fred going insane.

The hardest person to keep it from was, of course, George, who immediately noticed that something was wrong with his brother when Fred yelled at Calliope to shut up half-way through Charms, as she had been making a popping noise with her mouth in an attempt to entertain herself.

Everyone else assumed that Fred was telling George to shut up, but George knew better because Fred never told him to shut up, even when George was annoying him he wouldn't tell his brother to shut up. Because if his twin wouldn't listen then no one would.

"What's the matter, Freddie?" George asked as they left the charms classroom.

"Nothing," Fred shot a glare at Calliope, who stuck her hands up in surrender, "just an annoying bug."

George raised his eyebrow doubtfully, but said no more, when Fred wanted to, he would spill his guts.

"I'll catch you at dinner," Fred patted George on the shoulder.

"Where are you going?" George asked as Fred began to walk away, Calliope hurrying close behind him.

"Things to do, people to see Georgie," Fred grinned.

********

"Merlin Screamer I'm going to kill you!" Fred closed the classroom door behind him and turned on her.

"Well that's going to be hard based upon the fact that you can't touch me," Calliope pointed out.

"Well I'll find a way, I'm petty resourceful!" Fred retorted, "I swear if you keep hanging around me all the time I'm going to go insane."

"At least you can talk to other people!" Calliope crossed her arms.

Fred threw his hands up in the air in an exasperated fashion.

"Maybe I should go and see what Voldemort," Fred winced, "is up to." Calliope declared, she walked through the door and started off down the corridor.

Fred ripped the door open and started after her, "No that's not what I mean!"

"Well it's what I'm doing, I can't sit around and do nothing anymore, I can help!" Calliope said, then she made a sharp turn to the left, going straight through a wall where Fred couldn't follow her.

Fred let out a frustrated groan and kicked the wall. He turned and saw a group of first years waiting to go into a class, all of whom were staring at him.

"What? Never seen someone shout at a wall before!"

I've given you two chapters today, aren't I nice?
Are you guys enjoying it so far?

Why do you think Fred is the only one who can see her?
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx