Nineteen

The forest grew very cold, very quickly. It was almost unnatural how quickly the temperature dropped. Calliope quickly found herself wishing that she had grabbed a jumper out of the backpack she had left with Natalie's broom.

But no matter how cold it was, there was no way that she was turning back now. She had come this far, and all she had to do was keep moving forward to accomplish her goal, and bring Peter Pettigrew to justice. Now all she had to do was capture him and get him back to London. If the ministry saw him, they would have to accept that he was alive and realise that they had been wrong about Sirius Black's guilt. Peter would be placed in Azkaban, and everyone who he had hurt would have justice.

The further into the forest that Calliope walked, the more she felt sick. It was a funny type of sick, that fluttered about her stomach and made her feel queasy rather than make her feel like she was about to vomit. 

Before she could fret too much about this unknown illness, a group of figures emerged out of the darkness of the forest. The hunched over figure of Peter Pettigrew had his wand drawn and was pointing it at a woman, who seemed both dazed and confused. Quickly and silently, Calliope drew her own wand and crept towards the strange pair.

Before Calliope could do anything, the woman screamed very loudly and fell to her knees. Calliope quickly concealed herself behind a tree, as the woman started crying.

"Please!" she pleaded, "please!"

Calliope searched for the source of the woman's pain, but all that she saw was Pettigrew and it was clear that he was not doing it, as his wand arm had fallen to his side. The woman seemed to be pleading with mid-air. But the 'mid-air' in front of her seemed wrong, very wrong.

The screams and pleading of the woman continued, and Calliope stayed behind her tree as the whispers began to fill her head. As the banshees had taught her, she pushed the whispers to the back of her mind, she couldn't afford to slip up when she was mere feet away from her goal.

"Avada Kadavra!" a disembodied voice said with a hiss in its words. The woman's screams ceased abruptly, and something heavy fell to the forest floor as Calliope felt a sharp pain shoot through her body, a squeak escaped her mouth at the pain, which she knew came because there had been a death.

"Who's there?" Pettigrew sounded closer now, in her moment of pain Calliope had unwittingly given her position away.

With no point in hiding anymore, Calliope stepped away from the safety of her tree and raised her wand.

"Don't try anything," Calliope warned Pettigrew, "I won't hesitate I swear!"

"Who is it Wormtail?" the disembodied voice hissed, seeming to hover around the standoff between Calliope and Pettigrew.

"It is Calliope Doge My Lord," said Pettigrew.

"How did you find us girl?" the voice asked.

Calliope looked around herself, trying (and failing) to find the source of the voice. 

"Expelliarmus!" Pettigrew squeaked, using her distraction to his advantage. Calliope's wand flew from her hand, and Pettigrew caught it, "Silencio!" Pettigrew said, waving Calliope's wand. Now totally defenceless, Calliope had no option but to simply stand there, glaring at Pettigrew with an accusatory stare.

"Kill her Wormtail," the voice said, "a child is of no use to us."

"My Lord, I think she could be of use," said Wormtail, "this child is half-banshee, she is exceptionally powerful and-"

"Could act as the perfect vessel," the voice hissed in Calliope's ear. Calliope shivered at the closeness, which had dialled all of her senses up to eleven, with the whispers pounding in her ear also.

"Exactly," Pettigrew agreed.

A curious sensation filled Calliope, almost as if she was being peeled away from her body. And before she knew it she stood separate from her own body, merely a spectator to You Know Who as he stretched out her fingers and smiled.

My Q&A is currently open in 'Em On Wattpad' ask me anything!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!

~Em xx