Thirteen

"Miss Doge, could you please stay behind for a few moments?" Professor McGonagall requested at the end of the next Transfiguration lesson

"I'll wait for you outside," Natalie said, as Calliope made her way forwards, and the class all began to leave.

Once all of the other students had left, McGonagall looked up at Calliope, "Miss Doge, it seems that even though you have missed almost a year and a half of school, that you are still far beyond any of your peers. Your wand work is exceptional, and you have been able to perform nonverbal magic, something that many much older wizards struggle with, for years."

"Professor I-"

McGonagall held up a hand, indicating that she was not yet done, "I have spoken to the rest of your teachers, and they all agree with me that you are not being challenged enough. So I have agreed with the headmaster a solution. You will sit your OWLs this summer with the current fifth years."

Calliope's mouth fell open, "but Professor, I haven't studied half of the things that I should have."

"You already have a better chance of passing Transfiguration this year than most of my fifth years do, and I'm sure that all of your other teachers would say the same. With just a little extra work you could achieve Os in all of your subjects I am sure."

Calliope continued to stare at her teacher, still not believing what she was being told.

"Here is your new timetable," McGonagall handed Calliope a piece of parchment, "you will join the fifth year Hufflepuffs in their lessons from now on. Should you require any tuition in any subjects, all of your teachers will be willing to help you."

Calliope took the parchment and examined her new timetable. McGonagall didn't say anything else, so Calliope took that as her cue to leave, so got to her feet and began walking towards the door.

"One more thing Miss Doge," McGonagall said just as Calliope was about to leave, "a lot of strings have been pulled for you to be able to do this, I trust that you won't let us down."

Calliope simply nodded and left the room.

Natalie was waiting outside just as she had said she would.

"What was that about?" Natalie asked.

"Apparently I'm taking my OWLs this year," Calliope showed Natalie her new timetable.

"Well I can't say I'm exactly surprised, you're super smart Callie, even with your reputation for missing school-"

"Which is entirely not my fault!" Calliope defended herself.

"Well, you've missed so much school, but you're still top of the class in everything without even trying. I reckon you've got like a super banshee brain or something that means you're super duper smart," Natalie grinned, "but I will miss occasionally having you in lessons with me when you're actually in school."

Calliope punched her friend's arm lightly. Natalie clutched it in mock pain.

"You've killed me, Callie!"

"Shut up," Calliope laughed.

"No I'm serious, I don't think that I'll ever be able to use my left arm again. I'm left handed you know, so that means that I never have to do school work again. So I guess overall, you've done me a favour. Thank you for granting me a life of no work!"

"You're so weird Nat," Calliope rolled her eyes, "now c'mon, I'm starving!"

HAS EVERYONE SEEN THE AVENGERS ENDGAME TRAILER, I'M IN LOVE!
Remember to vote, comment and be amazing!
~Em xx