19 | steve rogers

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

imagine; being afraid to go fight thanos because of past experiences with him, and steve comforting you

"i know someone," steve spoke to the group, referring to the people who currently had bucky safe and sound in a far away location. he'd spoken to you about these people before, but never really went into depth about where they were from.

everyone knew they could trust steve to get you the weapons and supplies you needed to fight thanos, so they agreed.

"okay," nat said "suit up—"

you choked on a few tears. "i'm sorry, i can't do this."

you rushed out or the briefing area and into a different room down the hall. it didn't take long for steve to enter the room too, confused by your emotions.

you turned around to face him, a plethora of tears streaming down your face.

"steve i- i'm sorry. i d-didn't mean to storm out like that i just-" you took a few deep breaths before continuing, "there's something i need to tell you."

still confused, steve pulled out a chair and sat as you stood in front of him, a few tears still
falling.

with a huge exhale, you began.

"my..my father was a powerful being. he used his abilities to attack asgard, thor's home. in order to be even stronger than before..he made a trade with thanos; me."

cap was shocked by this, considering you rarely ever talked about your past life before coming to earth.

"i was his tool to collect the infinity stones. as you know, i can heal someone, but it costs the lives of another."

before you spoke again, the sobbing started.

"until only a few years ago, i-i was in hell before i escaped. a-and now that thanos is back, he could kill anyone i-i love, steve."

the super soldier stood up and embraced you. "h-he c-could k-kill you steve," you said, breaking down in his arms.

"that will never happen, (y/n), you hear me? i will be with you forever."

"y-you can't promise that, steve. he's already powerful enough, even without all the stones."

steve wipes a few tears from your face. "i don't care, doll. i love you enough to know that i will be with you, and there's nothing thanos can do to stop us."

and so, as you disintegrated in his arms, steve knew he'd kill thanos and get you back, because he planned to love you.

forever.

✧・: *✧・゚:*
OOF that ending hurted. finally updated tho :)))