21 | t'challa

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

imagine; t'challa visiting you after a very bad day

"i don't really wanna talk about it, t."

that sentence rang through his mind all afternoon. you were on the phone, him checking up on you as he does daily. after you both fought with tony stark against captain america, you two had clicked instantly. at first he was skeptical of starting a relationship with someone outside of wakanda, but once he brought you to his home you showed him how much you truly cared for him and his people.

shuri rushed into the throne room, happy as ever. "evening, brother. i finally finished the upgrades on your suit." t'challa nodded, still thinking about what you told him on the phone.

shuri noticed this and her smile dropped. "what is wrong, t'challa?"

he sighed. as much as he wanted to forget it like you asked, he couldn't. "i was on the phone with (y/n) and she seemed to be having a rough day."

"although i asked her multiple times what was the matter, she said she didn't want to speak of it. why would she say that?"

shuri nodded. "maybe she i don't know, didn't want to speak of it?" she responded jokingly.

her brother rolled his eyes.

"in all honesty, t'challa, i don't know why she said that. but, she does. just ask her."

"i cannot, shuri. our schedules are just too busy, and when i called earlier it only lasted for a short minute."

shuri shrugged once more. "fine, i'll leave you to overthink it until your brain explodes."

once she left, t'challa thought about what she said. he wanted to know what was bothering you, and there was only one way to do so.

rapid knocks struck your front door, scaring you as you went to the refrigerator for a midnight snack. you wondering who in their right mind would be awake this time of night.

besides you, of course.

dragging your feet across the cold wood, you opened the door. "what do you want— t'challa?"

your boyfriend stood with his arms crossed, hovering over you. "i'm- what're you doing here?"

t'challa only walked in, you noticing the grocery bag in his hands. he set it down on the table, rummaged through it for a bit before he found what he was looking for.

in his hands were your two favorite movies, and in the rest of the bag was your favorite snacks. he only smiled.

"i- i'm so confused," you said with a nervous laugh.

"you said you didn't want to 'talk about it', but i know for a fact that there was something wrong. i know there's a distance between us but, i love you. talk to me, please."

you could've cried right then and there. never i a million years did you think anyone would fly out to see you in the middle of the night, especially t'challa.

"i love you too, t."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
LMAOOO this was a flop i'll probably delete it and re-write it. bare w me kids