Chapter 4 ~ The Phone Call

Chapter 4 ~ The  Phone Call 

Phil's P.O.V

"Are you sure you want to do this, Philip?" Cadance asked, as she took my hand, trying to pull me away from the creature stalking toward us. Glancing down at her as she slowly backed away, I noticed the tears glinting in her beautiful, emerald eyes. I had to do something. 

"I've got this." I said boldly, stepping forward and grabbing a poke ball. "Go Growlithe!" Throwing the ball, Growlithe jumped out, its fur flowing in the breeze giving the impression of a blazing fire. "Flamethrower!" I commanded, watching with a steely grin as Growlithe mustered a steady stream of fire, shooting toward the attacking Beedrill. 

"Oh, Phil! You're my hero! How can I ever repay you?" Cadance walked back toward me as Growlithe returned to its poke-ball. I turned to face her and brushed a stray lock of hair away from her pretty face. Upon my touch, her cheeks burned pink. 

"I have a few ideas." I muttered, tilting her chin up and leaning forward. 

"Phone, Philip" She whispered, causing me to snap open my eyes and freeze centimetres from kissing her full, rosy lips. 

"What?" I asked, perplexed. Suddenly I heard a distant noise, it was a song that I recognised very much. Dark Shines by Muse, my favourite song from their best, and my favourite album. Pulling away, I looked around the grassy field, where could it have been coming from? Deciding it was nothing to worry about, I glanced back to Cadance, only to realise she wasn't there. I spun on the spot, looking frantically in all directions, but I was alone. 

Then I heard the music again and it was getting louder and louder and louder. When all of a sudden I just fell. I didn't even have time to think.

Seconds later, my eyes shot open to see darkness and I rolled over and fell flat on my face with a soft 'thud'. As I sat up, I saw a tiny glow in the far corner of the darkness, (by which point I had realised it was my bedroom) so I crawled over to it. The music was coming from my phone and as I went to answer it, I noticed the caller ID wasn't in my phone book so it just came up as a number. Cautiously, I answered. 

"Hello?" My voice was groggy and probably unintelligible, but the person replied nevertheless. 

"Is this Mr Philip Lester?" The voice evidently belonged to a man, and a very serious one at that. Silently thanking all things Lion and Llama for it not being a crazed stalker, I cleared my throat and answered.

"Uh ... Yes, it is. May I ask who this is?" A few seconds passed where all I heard were a few voices in the background and then presumably the man on the phone scribbling something down on paper. 

"This is the Metropolitan Police Station, and we have a girl here asking for you. Are you familiar with a Cadance Winterloom, Sir?" The man sounded fed up and tired, and glancing at my digital alarm clock, I understood why. It was half three in the morning. 

"Yes, I am." I sighed, heaving myself up off of the floor and turning the light on. Blinking madly, I found a red and black shirt, some black jeans and converse and pulled them on as the man told me what had happened and why she was had been arrested for the third time in eleven months. 

"We need you to come down to pay her bail, or decline paying her bail and sign a few pieces of paper to say that you refuse to bail her out. Is that okay, Mr Lester?" Glumly, I agreed before hanging up, yawning and finding a coat.

I couldn't wait to hear her excuse this time...